How far in advance are ride rehabs posted?

eric8

Mouseketeer
I'm looking towards Jan/Feb 2018 and would like to know of any plans for rides to be down before I get further into trip planning.

There is no set schedule of when refurbs are announced. You can safely assume Splash will be down for some or all of that time, otherwise no one knows.

Sometimes they're closed the day before. GMR was closed on around a months notice. Sometimes it's six or more months before.

Just keep your fingers crossed and check closer to the time :)

There is no set schedule of when refurbs are announced. You can safely assume Splash will be down for some or all of that time, otherwise no one knows.

Splash is going down for a rather lengthy closure at the end of this month for nearly 3 months,so it should be good to go for the Jan/Feb timeline. I know many are speculating that there must be another headliner going down early in the new year since Splash traditionally goes down at that time and it got moved to up this year.

Splash is going down for a rather lengthy closure at the end of this month

DANG IT!!! I didn't ride it last time because I was pregnant & didn't get to ride much of anything. I was sooooo looking forward to riding it this time. I guess now I don't have to worry about having a change of clothes with us in case it's a cold day in December and we get too wet.

Well, double DANG it! We are visiting at MK Nov 28 and Dec 4 and Splash is one of our all time faves! Unfortunately, this will be my sister's last trip due to dealing health. :sad1:

It varies. Sometimes they announce months in advance, sometimes weeks. Sometimes a ride goes down for some reason and they decide to turn it into rehab. That is what I worry about the most for Pirates on my trips coming up in a few weeks. That something may shut down Pirates and they just decide to go ahead with the red-head remodel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter