How far away From Disneyland can you be and still go to max pass.

Brenda1966dis

Earning My Ears
In the parks right now. I’m wondering how far away from the park we can be and still book a max pass. We want to go shopping at the orange outlet store.I was hoping to book a few for the evening while we were there. Will I be able to do that? As a sidenote it is so so busy. Spring break!

In the parks right now. I’m wondering how far away from the park we can be and still book a max pass. We want to go shopping at the orange outlet store.I was hoping to book a few for the evening while we were there. Will I be able to do that? As a sidenote it is so so busy. Spring break!

We were travelling home from our trip last year, and I booked a Buzz FP using MaxPass while waiting in Vancouver airport for our connecting flight home (it was an experiment - and I tried to pick a FP that wouldn't be in great demand)

So, you can use the MP app from very far away, but you must have already entered one of the parks for that day (which we had) It won't work if your ticket hasn't been scanned at an entrance turnstile.

We were travelling home from our trip last year, and I booked a Buzz FP using MaxPass while waiting in Vancouver airport for our connecting flight home (it was an experiment - and I tried to pick a FP that wouldn't be in great demand)

So, you can use the MP app from very far away, but you must have already entered one of the parks for that day (which we had) It won't work if your ticket hasn't been scanned at an entrance turnstile.
I've done the same, booked from anther state just to test it out. (I did cancel them so I wasn't taking up FP that someone could use.) It is great for leaving the parks in the afternoon and coming back to a line-up of fast passes in the evening. We've done this when it was busy and it was so worth the cost.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. We will definitely walk over to the park and activate our tickets before we go shopping.

As long as you have entered the park that day and have an internet/cell connection, you can reserve fast passes. It does not depend on your proximity to the parks.

Proximity doesn’t matter, you could do it from the other side of the world if you could get to the other side of the world while the park was still open!

Of course when I asked someone at Disney they insisted you had to be at the parks. But I knew Dis would know for sure. Thanks!

I feel like this is what they want you to think. Or is what some misunderstood what location services would be used for. A large number of CMs from my experience really don't understand how MP works. I had to explain to one that the wait time is 1h30m, not 2h. He had no idea.

They also have about five different versions of how it works when getting a multi experience pass after a ride goes down. Legit had one
guest relations CM get snitty with me when I said how it had been explained previously and actually worked on a very recent trip that was drastically different from her version (I had only stopped to say "hey, I don't want to waste time fixing this as it doesn't matter to me right now, but so it can be passed on to IT something is sideways" and it turned into some snide enough remarks from her that I ended up filing my first CM complaint ever over how awful they were).

Honestly? I don't think the majority of CMs have any idea how MP works beyond the basics all of us can read online. Everything else gets filled in from whatever hearsay they've heard and passed on as gospel truth.

True. Sadly true.
We had two of our fast passes turn into the magic ones our first day. No such luck our second. What a nice feature.

I feel like this is what they want you to think. Or is what some misunderstood what location services would be used for. A large number of CMs from my experience really don't understand how MP works. I had to explain to one that the wait time is 1h30m, not 2h. He had no idea.

They also have about five different versions of how it works when getting a multi experience pass after a ride goes down. Legit had one
guest relations CM get snitty with me when I said how it had been explained previously and actually worked on a very recent trip that was drastically different from her version (I had only stopped to say "hey, I don't want to waste time fixing this as it doesn't matter to me right now, but so it can be passed on to IT something is sideways" and it turned into some snide enough remarks from her that I ended up filing my first CM complaint ever over how awful they were).

Honestly? I don't think the majority of CMs have any idea how MP works beyond the basics all of us can read online. Everything else gets filled in from whatever hearsay they've heard and passed on as gospel truth.
It’s astonishing to me how misinformed CMs are on many issues. I feel bad for them as it must cause a lot of confusion and issues. I’m curious how Disney tries to train/inform them on things like this and why it doesn’t work out better.

It’s astonishing to me how misinformed CMs are on many issues. I feel bad for them as it must cause a lot of confusion and issues. I’m curious how Disney tries to train/inform them on things like this and why it doesn’t work out better.
We were there at Christmastime and I asked a CM (who was working the parade!) how long the parade was. She said, "It's really long, like 10-12 minutes." Okay...

I was able to book from the orange outlet mall. Works just fine and now we have some to use this evening. Yay.

We were there at Christmastime and I asked a CM (who was working the parade!) how long the parade was. She said, "It's really long, like 10-12 minutes." Okay...

That ones probably explainable like “what time is the 3oclock parade?”

The answer is dependent on where you are watching. It likely takes that long to go fully by any given location. That’s what her experience is; that’s what the normal watcher wants to know. How long will this take ME?

If you want a full answer to the bigger question...ask a dancer in the parade. :)

That ones probably explainable like “what time is the 3oclock parade?”

The answer is dependent on where you are watching. It likely takes that long to go fully by any given location. That’s what her experience is; that’s what the normal watcher wants to know. How long will this take ME?

If you want a full answer to the bigger question...ask a dancer in the parade. :)
I realize the parade is a little different based on where you are at, but it isn't 10-12 minutes for anyone, unless they walk away half way through. My point was that I find it odd that a CM who gets paid to work the parade doesn't have a reasonable estimate on how long it is. (According to a few videos, including one posted by the Dis, it is at least 23-24 minutes if you are at the beginning.) I've never had a bad experience with a CM that I can recall, they've all been nice and pleasant, I just have found that people on here tend to have more accurate information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter