how far a walk from Kadani Village to Jambo

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Hi All
Well we finally closed on our DVC contract :cool1: and are in the process of booking our first DVC vacation as owners, our home resort is OKW but my wife would like to stay at AKLV, we have stayed at the AKL before and she really enjoyed it, they were still building the Jambo portion of the DVC and had not broken ground on Kadani yet so I don't know the lay of the land. I know it will vary by room location so to keep it fair how far a walk is it from lobby to lobby?

Thanks
Dave

From lobby front door to lobby front door is just under 1/2 mile. You can request shuttle service or take the bus. If you are staying near end of Kidani south wing which is closest to Jambo and near the Zazu elevator in that area, walk to Jambo is almost cut in half.

It's a good 20 minute walk!

Google walking directions from lobby to lobby show .4 mile, 7 minutes
Average walking speed is 3.3mph so a 20 minute walk should take 1mile. (Of course average means some will be faster or slower)

You can take the shuttle service, but we found that sometimes the walk was faster.

Ok thanks all, I didn't know you could google walking directions that is good info

Thanks to all again
goofydad

Google walking directions from lobby to lobby show .4 mile, 7 minutes
Average walking speed is 3.3mph so a 20 minute walk should take 1mile. (Of course average means some will be faster or slower)

It's not 7 minutes, even at a reasonable pace, given traffic and landscape etc., at least not for us. Not that it matters, we enjoy walking. Report back and let us know how long it takes you to walk it!

Hi All
Well we finally closed on our DVC contract :cool1: and are in the process of booking our first DVC vacation as owners, our home resort is OKW but my wife would like to stay at AKLV, we have stayed at the AKL before and she really enjoyed it, they were still building the Jambo portion of the DVC and had not broken ground on Kadani yet so I don't know the lay of the land. I know it will vary by room location so to keep it fair how far a walk is it from lobby to lobby?

Thanks
Dave

Take the bus or request a shuttle a long walk if not and no QS at Kadani Village

We do this all the time as sometimes the shuttle is busy but it has taken about 10 min and we get on at the first elevator.

It's about a 10 min walk for an adult at a casual pace. I imagine it would be longer with small children. The shuttle was convenient but the seats were wet the time I took it. Likely from people going to the pools. They aren't plastic seats either but cloth. Oh and it's not really a shuttle type bus but just a van. I have to say that part was confusing. Why not get a shuttle type bus similar to but smaller than the ones they have for the parks with standing room and plastic seats? The van felt claustrophobic and the wet cloth seats bothered me. They provided towels to put on the seats though.

I don't think I'd stay at Kidani because there's no QS option. I don't shop, cook, or buy food for the room to eat on vacation besides quick snacks like crackers and fruit. I need a QS place that's easy to get to near where we are staying.

My family made that walk many times a few years ago when we stayed at Kidani. I agree with those who said it's about 10 minutes, and thats with 2 young kids walking with us.

Hi All

Thanks
Dave

This is a little off your topic, but if you stay at Kidani, request a room close to the lobby. It was a 10 minute walk from my room almost at the end of the resort to the lobby. If you are on the Jambo end of Kidani, it could be a shorter walk to Jambo lobby than to your own. Just an fyi.

Although they say you can take the shuttle, I found it quicker to just go to the bus stop at Kidani and take any bus (except the DTD bus). The buses go to Jambo after Kidani (although you should probably check with the bus driver before you get on the bus that he's going there). Then take the shuttle back from Jambo to Kidani.

This is a little off your topic, but if you stay at Kidani, request a room close to the lobby. It was a 10 minute walk from my room almost at the end of the resort to the lobby. If you are on the Jambo end of Kidani, it could be a shorter walk to Jambo lobby than to your own. Just an fyi.
Correct, depending on where your villa is, getting to the lobby can take several minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter