• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far a part are the Magic and Carnival's Inspiration when docked at Grand Cayman?

BarbOKW

Mouseketeer
My sister came in for the weekend and she was telling me that a group (of families) from her daughters senior class are taking a cruise on Carnival's Inspiration over spring break 2003. I reminded her that we would be on the Magic over spring break, we've compared the ports of call, and it looks like we'll be in the Grand Cayman's the same day. We'd love to get together, so I was wondering if anyone knew if we'd be docked anywhere close to each other?

The ships must drop anchor and the guests take tenders into the island. So even if you were moored in the same general area of carnival's ship you would have to swim over to see them. I would suggest a meeting place near where the tenders come in if you wanted to get together.

Do all the tenders come in at the same place? I don't want to make plans and then find out that her ship is on the other side of the island. I know this is probably a stupid question, but I have obviously never been there. Thanks

well I am going by memory here, the ships all moor out in the same general direction, each cruise line had it's own little area, (DCL has a tent set up unlike the others) we were right near RCL . What I would do to be on the safe side would be to pick a place that is easy to locate. Like Captian Marvins store front and pick a time to meet there.

From what I could see all the ships are on the same side of the island. It's a good idea to meet somewhere on island. I suggest Hard Rock Cafe. It's right when you tender off the Magic.

The ships all dock in the same area but unload at different docks which are only a block away. Those dock areas get a little congested so I would suggest meeting in between or many at one of the malls right by the docks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter