How essential is it to take restaurant confirmation numbers?

Sagacious_Sundry

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I've got the chef's counter at the Napa Rose booked but I stupidly forgot to ask about getting a confirmation number(in my defence, due to the time difference it was after midnight and I'd been on hold forever so I think my brain had gone numb ^.^). I've tried contacting them again but the main dining reservations line don't have reservation information for the Napa Rose and I'm back to leaving messages on the Napa Rose answering machine which they don't seem to answer.

Will they actually ask for the confirmation number when I show up for my reservation? I'm paranoid about arriving and them turning us away, so should I just persevere and keep trying to get a confirmation number? Or am I needlessly panicking?

Thanks!

I've never been asked. Do you have the DL app on your phone? If you're connected with your account your reservation will show up on there as well.
I have the app, and my other reservations are on there but the Napa Rose one isnt. I guess they didn't ask for my email address or anything so it won't have been connected to my account?
If they don't ask though then thats great, I can stop panicking :)

I've booked chef counter multiple times and never been given a confirmation number and they always call me a day or two before to confirm ad well. Its excellent and you'll love it !

So my son & his fiancee were at Disneyland last week had reservations at Naples Ristorante. When the arrived they were told it wasn't in their system, and sure enough it wasn't showing up in their app. Neither of them are confrontational and just accepted they'd have to wait the roughly 45 minutes. As we chatted I asked if they had their email reservation confirmation and suggested they ask for the manage. Thankfully they did and the manager immediately got them seated, apologized and comped them $30 in appetizers. All ended well, even the hostess apologized for not asking if they had the email confirmation.

So yes, take any information you can as a back up.

I've booked chef counter multiple times and never been given a confirmation number and they always call me a day or two before to confirm ad well. Its excellent and you'll love it !
Thats great to know, thank you. I've heard so much about it, we're really looking forward to it!

So my son & his fiancee were at Disneyland last week had reservations at Naples Ristorante. When the arrived they were told it wasn't in their system, and sure enough it wasn't showing up in their app. Neither of them are confrontational and just accepted they'd have to wait the roughly 45 minutes. As we chatted I asked if they had their email reservation confirmation and suggested they ask for the manage. Thankfully they did and the manager immediately got them seated, apologized and comped them $30 in appetizers. All ended well, even the hostess apologized for not asking if they had the email confirmation.

So yes, take any information you can as a back up.

They didn't send me any email confirmation either, so I guess I'd better keep on at them just to be on the safe side. I'll make sure to print my email confirmations for our other reservations though, thank you for the advice.

There was only one in literally hundreds of DLR reservations that they didn't see us in the system at the check-in podium (this was at Steakhouse 55, but could apply anywhere). Like the story SteveH relayed above, I was able to pull up the reservation number and, sure enough, we were seated nearly immediately. They never explained the glitch (nor did the manager proactively recover from the situation like the Naples manager did), but without the confirmation number we simply wouldn't have gotten in.

The only time it seems to matter is if you will be parking at the GCH and using the front entrance when you aren't a registered guest at the same time. CMs will ask if you have a valid room key or if you have a confirmed TS reservation at the hotel for that day. Not all CMs ask, but some want to see the confirmation email (printed copy or email on your phone) -- this is not common, but can happen. If you don't have it, it is easy for them to call NR to ask if your name is on the reservation list. Takes a few minutes -- no big deal.

Hi!

I've got the chef's counter at the Napa Rose booked but I stupidly forgot to ask about getting a confirmation number(in my defence, due to the time difference it was after midnight and I'd been on hold forever so I think my brain had gone numb ^.^). I've tried contacting them again but the main dining reservations line don't have reservation information for the Napa Rose and I'm back to leaving messages on the Napa Rose answering machine which they don't seem to answer.

Will they actually ask for the confirmation number when I show up for my reservation? I'm paranoid about arriving and them turning us away, so should I just persevere and keep trying to get a confirmation number? Or am I needlessly panicking?

Thanks!
If you are still concerned, call and leave a message.
These are the two numbers I have for Napa Rose direct line 714.300.7170 or GCH 714.635.2300 ask for napa rose.

Ask for a return confirmation call and I'm sure you will get one.

But as others have said.... Once we have made a reservation with them we just show up and give them our name.

Enjoy your time at DLR

Geemo

There was only one in literally hundreds of DLR reservations that they didn't see us in the system at the check-in podium (this was at Steakhouse 55, but could apply anywhere). Like the story SteveH relayed above, I was able to pull up the reservation number and, sure enough, we were seated nearly immediately. They never explained the glitch (nor did the manager proactively recover from the situation like the Naples manager did), but without the confirmation number we simply wouldn't have gotten in.
I think its the fear I'll be the 1 in 100 who isn't in the system thats getting me, I guess I'll persist with getting the confirmation number. Thanks!

The only time it seems to matter is if you will be parking at the GCH and using the front entrance when you aren't a registered guest at the same time. CMs will ask if you have a valid room key or if you have a confirmed TS reservation at the hotel for that day. Not all CMs ask, but some want to see the confirmation email (printed copy or email on your phone) -- this is not common, but can happen. If you don't have it, it is easy for them to call NR to ask if your name is on the reservation list. Takes a few minutes -- no big deal.

I think we're planning on just rolling over from where we're staying, its only down the road and it's probably more hassle to drive it. I might just persist getting the confirmation number anyway to be on the safe side. Thanks for the advice :)

If you are still concerned, call and leave a message.
These are the two numbers I have for Napa Rose direct line 714.300.7170 or GCH 714.635.2300 ask for napa rose.

Ask for a return confirmation call and I'm sure you will get one.

But as others have said.... Once we have made a reservation with them we just show up and give them our name.

Enjoy your time at DLR

Geemo

I've been phoning via the GCH, but thanks for the direct line- it saved me a fair amount of time on hold! I've left two messages on different days and I haven't heard back yet, I'll leave it a day or so and try again. I'm feeling a lot more reassured but I'd still rather not leave anything to chance so I'll keep trying to get it anyway. Thanks for the advice :)

And thank you, we most definitely will!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter