How early is too early to book?

musika

Everybody wants to be a cat.
So uhhh asking for a friend :D :D

We're (very) tentatively planning a trip for Feb/2023 with the positive thinking that Canada will drop the return testing requirements by then. We would likely stay for a week (judging by past flight schedules, probably a Tues-Tues or Wed-Wed, so likely 2/7-2/14 ish).

We'd like to stay onsite and are considering a split stay between CB and RPR. Seasonal rate is $174 for a 2bed queen at CB, then $364/nt for a 2bed queen at RPR. No Savvy Traveler rate available for regular rooms at RPR. Should I keep stalking, or just bite the bullet and reserve

So uhhh asking for a friend :D :D

We're (very) tentatively planning a trip for Feb/2023 with the positive thinking that Canada will drop the return testing requirements by then. We would likely stay for a week (judging by past flight schedules, probably a Tues-Tues or Wed-Wed, so likely 2/7-2/14 ish).

We'd like to stay onsite and are considering a split stay between CB and RPR. Seasonal rate is $174 for a 2bed queen at CB, then $364/nt for a 2bed queen at RPR. No Savvy Traveler rate available for regular rooms at RPR. Should I keep stalking, or just bite the bullet and reserve

We booked for October 2022 last month and there were slim pickings for any sort of discount. We got Savvy Traveler for CB but would've had to pay standard rate for RPR. We are doing 5 nights at UO and then 9 nights at WDW so splurging on RPR rack rate wasn't exactly in the cards. RPR was $100 more per night than what you're showing for your dates. You can always book now and then cancel and rebook if a discount comes out for your dates.

I booked November 2022 in August. Then, I happened to be checking back the next day and was able to upgrade to Club Level for cheaper than my original room. Go, go, go! (as long as you have an acceptable cancellation policy.)

Gawd you guys aren't helping. I was hoping you'd all say no and keep dreaming LOL

We haven't left the country in 2 years (will be 3 by next year) and I'm getting so itchy to book! DH is on board with going so I guess now just to pick the time of year! We were thinking Feb because our DD will be turning 11 and what better way to celebrate than a trip to Hogwarts, right? ;)

Gawd you guys aren't helping. I was hoping you'd all say no and keep dreaming LOL

We haven't left the country in 2 years (will be 3 by next year) and I'm getting so itchy to book! DH is on board with going so I guess now just to pick the time of year! We were thinking Feb because our DD will be turning 11 and what better way to celebrate than a trip to Hogwarts, right? ;)
You're only going to find enablers on booking a Universal Vacation on these boards, ha ha! If you want to be talked out of it, you should probably find some message board about being financially sensible, lol.

A trip to Hogwarts is the perfect celebration for turning 11! And 3 years of not leaving the country means you're definitely due.

Be savvy traveler RPR Feb 2 - Feb 7 King Suite 360.30 a night. Don’t know how many kids you have. This one fits 4 people. I would say book now and keep looking.

PBR Be a Savvy Traveler 322.80 Bay View 2 Queen Room

Go for it musika.......

Perfect way to celebrate your daughter turning 11 and yes, you`ve waited long enough to travel!!

Book, then adjust if you see a better rate!

We just returned at the end of February, and we are planning again for Dec of this year to go with our kids. I've found a good rate and think I'm just going to book it...we can always cancel. I would rather have it already planned than trying to find a reasonable rate.
You're only going to find enablers on booking a Universal Vacation on these boards, ha ha! If you want to be talked out of it, you should probably find some message board about being financially sensible, lol.
I laughed a little too hard at your comment. Dave Ramsey followers would keep a person on the straight and narrow lol.

I've booked through February 2023. If I see what I like I book it. You never know when something will sell out. Just make sure it is fully refundable in case you find a better deal or change plans.

so likely 2/7-2/14 ish).
Valentines Day gets a spike in attendance. The Daytona 500 isn’t until the 19th, shouldn’t be a huge factor

Would think RPR is a bit less expensive on weekdays if that helps the cause with a split trip.

Assume you aren’t talking package here, Talking room only Booking. if you are concerned about grabbing a room in general or the prices rising between now & then (as they did this year thus far) I’d book it to have rooms at the inn, as it’s cancellable under normal policy. Can always modify it if a better rate pops up.

I just today booked for both November 2022 and February 2023. I wanted some reasonable rates reserved in case they raise prices like they did this year while I was waiting on AP rates to come out. Paid more than I wanted for our February trip so no more waiting for me. And a birthday trip is perfect. We did DD’s 10th bday at Universal and she loved it. I talked to the hotel and Portifino even put some balloons in Hufflepuff colors and a birthday treat in our room before arrival.

Terrible influences, all of you LOL

Okay, next question - I'm not 100% sure yet on flight timing which would impact our reservation. Is it better to reserve for more nights than I could potentially need and just cancel some? I know it's hard to add days on after the fact but does a removal count as a total different reservation?

Following regrading question above. We’re looking to lock in march break 2023 savvy traveller rates but flights could have us juggling things as more flights are released.

Man RPR is brutal right now. $360 min for our dates with no ST rate. Portofino is actually cheaper!

Man RPR is brutal right now. $360 min for our dates with no ST rate. Portofino is actually cheaper!

Portofino was the cheapest for our dates in October! Slim pickings for discounts everywhere except Portofino.

We're booked, we're booked!!! DH agreed with my Disneymath that it was worth locking in @ 348/night for Portofino for 5 nights. The other 2 nights are rack rate at CB but I may yet convince him we need an AP so could change :D OMG YOU GUYS WE ARE LEAVING CANADA in 11 months!! woooooo

We're booked, we're booked!!! DH agreed with my Disneymath that it was worth locking in @ 348/night for Portofino for 5 nights. The other 2 nights are rack rate at CB but I may yet convince him we need an AP so could change :D OMG YOU GUYS WE ARE LEAVING CANADA in 11 months!! woooooo

Fabulous news musika

Happy for you that you now have a trip planned!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter