• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How early do the resort buses run when MK has a 730am early entry (we are staying at Kidani)?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
I know the official Disney line is that the buses start running 45 minutes before park open. I would assume that means 45 minutes before early entry correct? But more importantly since I am saying so far away from MK at Kidani is there an unofficial / unadvertised start time? Any suggestions / advice on how to get from Kidani to MK as early as possible?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Yes that's from early entry time.

But I've seen the first buss there an hour before or I've seen it be late.... advice is to be there earlier than the stated time, but be patient.

In my experience, 45 minutes before early entry is pretty accurate. Even the second bus of the day will get you there well before the turnstiles open.

Does the math actually work here though? If the park opens at 7:30 for early entry, that means that the turnstiles will be open at 7:00 a.m. Even if you catch the first bus to MK from Kidani, between drive time and getting through security, you're going to be closer to 7:30 then you are 7:00 wouldn't you be?

As we have when a specific time of arrival is a concern, we rideshare. Otherwise, the bus timing will be what it’s going to be.

When I caught the first bus, I was always there as turnstiles opened and could get into position toward the "rope drop" I wanted. On the second bus, I would arrive to find a large crowd waiting... and a hundred people would be in a queue before me. Especially Seven Dwarves!

This was for early open times. I found the first bus was running about an hour before park open time and turnstiles opened about 30 minutes prior.

OP, what ride are you trying to rope drop? Only Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are open for MK early entry. The majority of the people are going to 7DMT, then some going to Space or Peter Pan.

OP, what ride are you trying to rope drop? Only Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are open for MK early entry. The majority of the people are going to 7DMT, then some going to Space or Peter Pan.
7DMT and then Peter Pan. We are going on a Xmas party day so my hope is to do the park w/o buying genie+. I am worried though that the secret is out with respect to low crowds on party mornings so who knows?!?

You’re not going to most likely be able to do both PPF and 7DMT in Early hours. I would do Peter Pan and try 7DMT after the initial rush dies down

Can't rideshare to MK unless you use Minnie Van. Uber and Lyft take you to TTC where you have to get on monorail or ferryboat. (You might know that but others might not.)
Very True! But to that end, might also be worth mentioning that Disney’s Minnie Vans are only found in the Lyft app. And further, Minnie Vans are limited, highly competitive to get at park open (close), and to allow extra time for that option. They do drop you off (and pick up) conveniently at the MK bus corral area versus the TTC as mentioned.

Slightly after rope drop (8:08 am): 1 minute wait for minnie van.

If early entry is 7:30, the first drop off at Magic Kingdom is at 6:30. It takes approximately 20 minutes to get from Kidani to MK therefore the first bus will be leaving at around 6:10.
The first bus departure depends on how it will take to get from the resort to the theme park to get you there one hour before early entry.

If early entry is 7:30, the first drop off at Magic Kingdom is at 6:30. It takes approximately 20 minutes to get from Kidani to MK therefore the first bus will be leaving at around 6:10.
The first bus departure depends on how it will take to get from the resort to the theme park to get you there one hour before early entry.
So which is it? Disney officially says The buses don't start until 45 minutes before I park open... There's a big distinction between 45 minutes at the bus stop versus 45 minutes to .MK.

I think Uber might be the best way for us in the mornings to get to the parks, except for MK. That way, we can have more of a game plan with arrival.

So which is it? Disney officially says The buses don't start until 45 minutes before I park open... There's a big distinction between 45 minutes at the bus stop versus 45 minutes to .MK.
Because that is how it happens seven days a week. The first buses drop off one hour before early entry. In order to do that they leave the resort well before 45 minutes before park opens.

The official WDW website has stated the wrong time for many years. Actual experiences reported here in recent years are that the first bus comes roughly one hour before posted ETPE opening (and the Skyliner starts running about 1 hour before, as well). If you want to be near the front of crowds, be at the bus or Skyliner station 90 minutes prior to ETPE so you can catch the first one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter