How does upgrading to an annual pass effect fast pass+ selections?

CarolynMink

Mouseketeer
I have used fast pass + before, but I have never upgraded a 10 day pass to an annual pass. Does the upgrade negate your fast pass + selections? We will be at WDW for 10 days this summer and are planning a trip next summer. I am thinking of moving up the trip to benefit from the annual pass but, do not want to loss my current fast pass+ selections. Looking for some advice. Our trip is in 36 days.

Thanks for the quick response. I will move ahead with planning a June vacation and upgrading to a DVC annual pass.

One more question, is there any problem upgrading to DVC annual pass from an ticket on your magic band or do you need the actual ticket?
We have e-tickets.

I have used fast pass + before, but I have never upgraded a 10 day pass to an annual pass. Does the upgrade negate your fast pass + selections? We will be at WDW for 10 days this summer and are planning a trip next summer. I am thinking of moving up the trip to benefit from the annual pass but, do not want to loss my current fast pass+ selections. Looking for some advice. Our trip is in 36 days.
This is a much more complex question and I'm not sure you asked it with all the necessary details. Just to be clear, you've made 10 days worth of fp+ to match your tickets, and you want to know what will happen if you use that ticket to enter the park a few days (or month) early, right? Or, will you be moving some of those fp+ reservations to your new, earlier dates? And, are you staying on-site? I assume so from your signature.

The first potential problem is that, once you enter the park on the 10-day ticket, you won't have valid admission for the full 10 days that you have fp+ already booked for. My assumption would be that you'd lose the last day of your previously booked fp+ once you enter the park, BUT, there has been no definitive experience posted here (that I've seen, anyway). I think you'll be fine and the last day's worth of fp+ will remain intact, but I don't know for certain.

The second problem is if you're staying off-site. An annual pass only allows you to book at 60 days for on-site stays; otherwise you're limited to 7 days worth of fp+ within 30 days. So, if you're staying off-site, that 10-day ticket allows you to book 10 days worth of fp+, but an annual pass would only allow for 7 days worth. If you were staying off-site, I'd expect to lose a few days. But, again, there's no definitive experience posted here. I realize you're probably staying on-site (since you mention 36 days until your reservation), but I wanted to include this for completeness.

Finally, your biggest risk is the limit on fp+ reservations with an annual pass. You can book up to 7 days worth within 30 days, or the full length of your trip at 60 days. I believe people have had trouble when attempting to schedule two trips within the same time period, at least if the earlier trip is off-site. If you already have 7 or more days scheduled at 60 days, you won't be able to book ANY fp+ within 30 days. Your complete allocation will be tied up in the later reservation. Now, if you're staying on-site for both trips, you might be able to book for both. That will be interesting to see.

So, to summarize, you're doing a lot of unique and untested scenarios with this trip. It's uncharted territory and there's not a lot we can be certain of in advance. I hope you come back afterwards to report your experience.

This is a much more complex question and I'm not sure you asked it with all the necessary details. Just to be clear, you've made 10 days worth of fp+ to match your tickets, and you want to know what will happen if you use that ticket to enter the park a few days (or month) early, right?

I think they meant move up the trip next summer so that they can get 2 trips on an AP instead of going at the exact same time next year as this year.......

Yes, you are right.
We will be staying on site this year. And yes, I am thinking about planning a trip in June instead of July next year. We will definitely be staying on site for our next trip. I will follow up and let everyone know how it turns out.

Yes, you are right.
We will be staying on site this year. And yes, I am thinking about planning a trip in June instead of July next year. We will definitely be staying on site for our next trip. I will follow up and let everyone know how it turns out.

Just remember your DVC membership card for the upgrade. We upgraded my pass at MK and DH's at AK without any issues. I'd just recommend knowing what credit you should get for your ticket and how much you'll need to pay in addition for the pass. Every now and then there are reports of CM's not bridging the price and charging too much and people to realize it until they've left the window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter