• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does the Candlelight meal & show times all work together?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
Sorry in advance if this is a basic question I just can't seem to find the answer to it however. If I want to say make a reservation to do Candlelight package at a given restaurant and I want to go to the last show of the evening, is there any relationship between what dining times will be available for the last evening show? In the past, I thought there was a thing where you could only dine at certain times for each show is that still the case? Or is it now that you can state which show you want to go to and whatever time you can find available?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sorry in advance if this is a basic question I just can't seem to find the answer to it however. If I want to say make a reservation to do Candlelight package at a given restaurant and I want to go to the last show of the evening, is there any relationship between what dining times will be available for the last evening show? In the past, I thought there was a thing where you could only dine at certain times for each show is that still the case? Or is it now that you can state which show you want to go to and whatever time you can find available?

Thanks in advance for the help!

If it works as in recent years, you will go onto the dining reservation link on MDE. Choose the restaurant / dining time you want, and up will pop the Candlelight Processional Option with a specific show listed. You do not get to choose what show. If you don't like that particular time for show, you can try refreshing or calling guest services to get a different show.

In past years, there was no correlation between the meal/restaurant you picked and what show you got (other than that the meal had to be before the show). It seems like the show times were randomly assigned.

Make sense?

We prefer to make those reservations by phone so we get to discuss options with a live representative. Once you get a reservation number you can tie it to your app.

What is the latest dinner to make CP?

The last show starts at 8:15, and you need to be in the package line no later than 7:45. You would need at least an hour to eat after seated, and I would want at least a 30 min cushion for waiting to be seated, so a 6:15 ADR would be my guess.

However, getting into the CP line at 7:45 will mean you have slim pickings for seats. If it's a popular narrator, you may not be able to sit together. You will also be entering the theater at about the same time as anyone from the standby line, and at that point, you have no advantage over them in securing a seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter