• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does parking work for annual pass holders?

studiojmm

Mouseketeer
I've Ubered from the parking lots and taken the busses but never driven to any of the parks. I would probably not break this streak except I'm taking my parents to WDW this year and we are staying off site. My daughter and I will be annual pass holders but my parents will not, so I'm wondering how the annual pass parking benefit works in case we want to arrive or depart separately. Do we show the pass coming or going, both ways? Thanks.

I've Ubered from the parking lots and taken the busses but never driven to any of the parks. I would probably not break this streak except I'm taking my parents to WDW this year and we are staying off site. My daughter and I will be annual pass holders but my parents will not, so I'm wondering how the annual pass parking benefit works in case we want to arrive or depart separately. Do we show the pass coming or going, both ways? Thanks.

They will scan it (or your magic band if you have one) at the parking lot booths on the way in. It would have to be in the car, your parents couldn't enter separately without one.

You don't show anything to leave.

You have them scan your magic band or show them your AP card and ID at the entrance. Have your ID on you regardless because starting earlier this year the policy now is to check the ID of the AP holder.

To get free parking there has to be at least 1 AP per car.

You have them scan your magic band or show them your AP card and ID at the entrance. Have your ID on you regardless because starting earlier this year the policy now is to check the ID of the AP holder.

What if the AP holder is a minor? With the ticket price increases, I'm seriously thinking of getting APs for my daughter and myself, and trying to make a few trips down. My brother and I have been talking about taking our families for a joint trip in summer 2020. If we stay offsite and DD is in his car, could he park for free?

What if the AP holder is a minor? With the ticket price increases, I'm seriously thinking of getting APs for my daughter and myself, and trying to make a few trips down. My brother and I have been talking about taking our families for a joint trip in summer 2020. If we stay offsite and DD is in his car, could he park for free?

Idk what verification they would require for a minor. Maybe just a scan of her magic band is enough, maybe they ask for a school ID? I think with anyone under 18 them scanning the magic band is all they need.

Regardless the age though, as long as there's 1 AP in the car then that car gets free parking

Yep it sure is the policy. We’ve had to show ID every time over the last 3 weeks at every park.

My kid and I have APs. We were traveling with our friends who did not have APs. I was running late, so my kid went with them in their car and used her pass for parking. Absolutely no problems or issues at all.

In this case, they will scan the pass.

No problem about showing ID. Just trying to figure out if it's on the way in or out. Decent chance my daughter and I outlast my parents at the parks, or decide to hop to another, and we let my parents take the car back to the hotel. What I'm hearing though is that we can't plan to Uber over for rope drop and have my parents follow after (though I supposed I could meet them at the parking lot entrance later).

No problem about showing ID. Just trying to figure out if it's on the way in or out. Decent chance my daughter and I outlast my parents at the parks, or decide to hop to another, and we let my parents take the car back to the hotel. What I'm hearing though is that we can't plan to Uber over for rope drop and have my parents follow after (though I supposed I could meet them at the parking lot entrance later).

It's a loooong way to the parking lot toll booths from inside the parks. That does not sound feasible at all!

It seems your parents aren’t AP holders. Therefore they are not eligible for the AP Parking discounts.

Can you drive your parents car? Person with AP is with the car. Other members of your family Uber. Of course you need to show ID and ap entering. That's when you pay.

Parents want to drive. You want to rope drop. They may need to suck it up and pay for parking one day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter