How does grocery delivery work now?

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
Hi all,

I havent gotten grocery delivery for quite some time and just curious if anything has changed?

we use to do Garden Grocer and would use them again but do we have to be there when the groceries arrive now? we are staying at all stars. Before your stuff would be dropped at bell services and you could just pick up when it was convenient but not sure if they still do that?

we want to get them delivered on our arrival day just not sure of our timing?

thank you
kim

the only thing that has changed is you need to be present, at the time of delivery, if your order includes alcohol

Hi all,

I havent gotten grocery delivery for quite some time and just curious if anything has changed?

we use to do Garden Grocer and would use them again but do we have to be there when the groceries arrive now? we are staying at all stars. Before your stuff would be dropped at bell services and you could just pick up when it was convenient but not sure if they still do that?

we want to get them delivered on our arrival day just not sure of our timing?

thank you
kim
I have used Instacart and while their prices are good they are very fussy on time. I have used Garden Grocer a number of times before and honestly will likely go back.

FYI since you mention All Stars, All-Star Music uses a locker system for package/grocery deliveries:

Locker System for Receiving Packages and Deliveries
Select vendors are able to drop off certain packages and groceries for Disney’s All-Star Music Resort Guests at new locker facilities outside Melody Hall—located near luggage services.

Guests who check in using Online Check-in service will receive an email notification when packages or grocery items have been delivered to the lockers, with instructions on how to access the locker. The email notification will be sent to the email address provided or confirmed when using Online Check-In service.

Here are some important things to know about this service:

• Both dry-good storage and refrigerated storage are offered, subject to availability.
  • Certain items (for example, alcoholic beverages) cannot be delivered to the lockers and must be picked up in-person.
  • Deliveries are subject to the Disney Resort hotel’s policies and may be unavailable, limited or restricted.
Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/all-star-music-resort/services-amenities/

Whenever people ask us about grocery deliveries at WDW, we always remind them to have the store clearly separate and mark what needs to be refrigerated, so Bell Services can do that for you. If it's not marked, they're not going to keep it cold. If it is marked, Bell will hold it cold for you.....

When you order you put in your address, which will be the resort address, and it will show you which store is the closest.

Yes I have. Several times. Once for AKV and a couple of times for OKW. Had no problems. For years I did garden grocer by their prices have gotten really high and Walmart is, well the same as any Walmart.

Only thing, if you get the groceries yourself at the door and take up to your room, there should not be a bell charge for delivery. Be careful, though, if they give you a cart they will put a delivery charge on your folio. If that's ok with you, no problem. I just watch because when I wait out front and carry up my own groceries I shouldn't be charged for a delivery from bell services.

Garden Grocer's website still states that they will drop off alcohol without the guest being present (they allow you to upload a scan of your driver's license at the time you place the order for ID purposes), and according to the latest reports here on DIS, both Garden Grocer and Dizzy Dolphin are still dropping off orders including alcohol at Bell Services without the guest being present.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/alcohol-delivery-policy-change.3926761/page-2#post-65048159

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter