• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does/did Disney spoil you?

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
We are at Sesame place and the ride loading and unloading is beyond ridiculous. They don’t come close to filling the rides sometimes and wow am I spoiled by Disney!

How has Disney spoiled you for other experiences?

They are much more aggressive about sending the rafts on waterslides than Six Flags. SF’s Uber-safe approach makes the lines take FOREVER.

To be fair, it’s not only Disney that does this.

We also appreciate being able to bring our own food into the parks.

Transportation! I love that I leave my car at home and don't have to worry about driving anywhere while on WDW property! I'm going to NYC in a couple of weeks and I'm not looking forward to public transportation or Uber.

Cleanliness. Even the dirtiest WDW park is cleaner than any other theme park I've been to. We just got back from Universal Hollywood and the stench of trash was everywhere. Six Flags all I smell is vomit.

Food. I love the food at WDW. I don't mind spending money on food at WDW. Anywhere else it's like pulling teeth! And it's terrible food to boot!

Transportation! I love that I leave my car at home and don't have to worry about driving anywhere while on WDW property! I'm going to NYC in a couple of weeks and I'm not looking forward to public transportation or Uber.

Cleanliness. Even the dirtiest WDW park is cleaner than any other theme park I've been to. We just got back from Universal Hollywood and the stench of trash was everywhere. Six Flags all I smell is vomit.

Food. I love the food at WDW. I don't mind spending money on food at WDW. Anywhere else it's like pulling teeth! And it's terrible food to boot!

Try Universal Orlando, it has been immaculate each trip.

But WDW, has spoiled me with the atmosphere. And the transportation. Actually to be honest I have say both of the biggies in Orlando have spoiled me to that. I tell Amy and everyone that says they want to do Sea World to do it first or it’s going to be a big letdown

We are at Sesame place and the ride loading and unloading is beyond ridiculous. They don’t come close to filling the rides sometimes and wow am I spoiled by Disney!

How has Disney spoiled you for other experiences?

I grew up 10 minutes from Sesame Place. I remember when it was built. They stuffed it in a corner outside of a mall, I always wondered why...not much room to grow.

Anyhow, WDW has very much spoiled us. We're AP holders at Six Flags over GA and it's an absolute dump in every respect. Getting through security, cleanliness, line management, staff, you name it. I hate the place.

I grew up 10 minutes from Sesame Place. I remember when it was built. They stuffed it in a corner outside of a mall, I always wondered why...not much room to grow.

Anyhow, WDW has very much spoiled us. We're AP holders at Six Flags over GA and it's an absolute dump in every respect. Getting through security, cleanliness, line management, staff, you name it. I hate the place.

They are totally fighting to find ways to add space and rides! It’s a quick drive for us and DD loves it, but boy does it leave a lot to be desired!

Canada’s Wonderland here in the Toronto area. Cannot do it when we have been to Disney recently. And since we’ve had several trips in recent years, Wonderland doesn’t appeal at all. My 10 year is begging to go this summer though. It’s just lacking in air conditioned spaces, customer service and as others mentioned about other amusement parks, not nearly as clean. It has great rides but it’s just not Disney.

The cleanliness of the parks and the food options are so much better at DL than at other theme parks I've been to. Most of all, I'm spoiled by DL's level of customer service. They go out of their way to interact with the kids, to assist when needed, and just overall make it a happy experience. This has been true for us for the bag check people, hotel staff, restaurant staff, ride staff, just everyone we've had encounters with.

Disney spoiled us by having enough entertainment & dining to fill a week, without having to drive our vehicle anywhere. Now that DS is grown, we don't visit WDW often, but we still look for vacation destinations that allow us to do everything we want, without us having to drive anywhere.

They are totally fighting to find ways to add space and rides! It’s a quick drive for us and DD loves it, but boy does it leave a lot to be desired!

Haven't been to the area in several years now. I'm sure they'd love to take over Oxford Valley Mall and use all that space...I worked in that mall in the '80s, Macy's and what used to be a Woolwoorth's restaurant.

Last November at AS Music, we had just arrived and were eating in the food court. A cast member that was cleaning the area chatted us up and asked us all our favorite Disney characters. An hour later someone knocks on our door and delivered a package. He had gathered Elsa, Anna and Mickey mouse and pals (all 6 of them) dolls that were NOT cheap as a free gift!

I loved Sesame Place when I was little!!

I think the main thing is cleanliness, and also the idea that if there is an issue (i.e lots of ride breakdowns), Disney does a very good job of taking care of it.

That being said, when I go to Dorney Park for example (amusement park in PA), I understand I am not paying the same premium,

Clean bathrooms and yes I know Disney bathrooms are not always up to par.

I remember the first time going to Sesame Place in 2003 and I think again in 2004...OMG!! I felt so dirty there.

Then going to Six Flags New England aka Riverside. How can a bathroom smell like pee at 9:45am when the park is not even open. And what really grossed me out is in the womens bathroom, one of the employees was in there going stall to stall and emptying the little bag in the stall (ladies you know which bag I am talking about), a paper bag at that and then putting it back in the stall. :crazy2:

Oh and the bathroom near the water park. NASTY!! Toilet paper all over the floor, the sink, god forbid I make the lady brushing her hair over and over and over again, applying product and leaving her nasty black long hair all over the sink so I could wash my hands. I can't imagine what many of these peoples home bathrooms look like after that.

Not driving. DH drives a semi 10 hours a day and one of the reasons we go to Disney so often is that once we're at the airport, he doesn't drive (or help me navigate if I'm driving) anymore the rest of the week.

Theming! We live about 2 hours from Cedar Point and go maybe every other year or so just for the day. Going next month because of free tickets through work. Are the rides amazing? Absolutely, but the line is long, hot and BORING! Basically just standing in the sun on concrete waiting for our turn and hoping the slight breeze doesn't shut the ride down before it's our turn. Also, no free fast passes, they sell an obscenely expensive Fast Lane Plus ticket that I can't justify buying to get to the front of the line. So, we'll go and ride whatever we can get on and have a good day. We also can't take any food or drink into the park except for an unopened water bottle per person. Food there is even more expensive than Disney and the restaurants are a disaster.

Clean parks, friendly employees, food quality, ride loading/unloading speed, free fastpass included with admission, and clean restrooms.

Theming of rides and atmosphere.

The music. It's not offensive or blasting so loud that you can hear it at the next ride.

Clientele. This will sound judgmental, but Disney isn't attracting the violence or gang population like some other parks do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter