• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you 'watch' for flight sales??

travelwith4kids

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I have been planning for sooo long and have been keeping an eye on flight prices just by searching occasionally on airline sites. I have been told that sales for our dates will be around Dec/Jan and if not then maybe at an expo in Feb.

So it's now December and I dont think I'm being effective enough in my search so if you could please share how YOU search for and find your cheap flights I would be appreciative. Not sure if I should just continue checking individual airlines or if there are some better search ideas.

I'd love some tips, Thanks. :)

Howdy,

I use the Matrix Airfare Search by ita software. I can't post a link because I'm a newbie to the boards, but a Google search will bring it up.:thumbsup2

You can't book the flights directly through them but at least it gives you idea of the prices and flights available. Then I usually book direct through the airline itself or you could take the details to your travel agent to see what they can do.

Another resource I use is a site called OzBargain. It's a great bargain hunting community and when cheap flights become available, it's usually posted on there.

Hope this helps :)

I use sky scanner, sign up for airline emails, put alerts on my phone via virgin australia, and obsessively check everyday.

I'm also flexible with dates, for example flying out two days before I'm due to fly out this trip was going to cost a lot more.

I used Kayak to find our airfares, showed our travel agent, she couldn't beat it, so booked it through them for us. Was the cheapest we could find, but it meant that we had to use Delta from LA to Honolulu, which would put some people off. We had a fine flight with them.

I just keep a general eye on prices and know if something sounds good. I don't have leeway on dates, so I just check the different sites and book the cheapest. I have only flown with Virgin, but did look at Qantas too. They were always more expensive.
I suggest booking when you find a fare you're happy with, and then stop looking. What you don't know won't hurt you:cool1:

I use sky scanner, sign up for airline emails, put alerts on my phone via virgin australia, and obsessively check everyday.

I'm also flexible with dates, for example flying out two days before I'm due to fly out this trip was going to cost a lot more.

We do this too (except for the phone). DH also uses the flight matrix and is a member of a frequent flyer forum where he gets all sorts of tips and tricks. We've got some real bargains using some of the tricks, so it's worth investigating if you've got the time.

I suggest booking when you find a fare you're happy with, and then stop looking. What you don't know won't hurt you:cool1:

Absolutely :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter