How do you sweeten your coffee??

I like my coffee sweet (cannot drink it black). My father used to say to me "how about a little coffee with your sugar?"

For many years now I've used artificial sweetener (Truvia) and sugar free flavored coffee creamer. I'd like to rid myself of the artificial sweeteners, and use something more natural, but with zero calories. Does any such thing exist?
Just wanted to reply to your direct question. I used to drink Diet drinks all the time when I was a teenager/college student. I knew it could not be good for you so I stopped. I can't remember now how I did it, but it sorta helps that when I say I want to do something I have relatively good willpower. Not a great piece of advice.

As for coffee, I drink with whole milk or cream and sugar. Regular white cane sugar. I know the white sugar is really bad, but I still think it's better than artificial sweeteners. I try to make sure I have no other big sugar additives in my daily life unless it's a special occasion and we have a party with cake,etc. There are sugars in everything but my feeling is if it comes from a strawberry, I'm ok with it. I don't count natural sugars from veggies or fruit.

That's just my opinion.

Now I am gradually putting less sugar in my coffee. In fact, if I mess up and scoop too much I throw it out and start over. It tastes gross! I don't think I could ever do no sugar, but I could definitely work down to 1 packet or something close to that.

Good luck!

I’m going to second this. I drink my coffee with a little half and half and no sugar.

I used to put sugar in my coffee, but a few years ago I was trying to cut down on sugar and it seemed like the spoonful in my coffee was a good place to start. I put less and less in over time, and it’s now sugar free. Sugar in my coffee now tastes way too sweet and I don’t know how I ever drank it that way.

And for the record, I do have a sweet tooth. So the fact that coffee with sugar is now too sweet is not something I ever thought I’d say.

Same here - very sweet tooth - I would rather have desserts than a meal - my weakness and I am pre-diabetic :(

I use real half-and-half (the fat-free stuff left a weird taste) and Splenda - 1 packet per 2 cups, but I generally make a full pot every day. I've tried Stevia and don't like the aftertaste either.

And @tvguy -- interesting article. I've been having some problems and wonder if that's the reason.

For anyone who uses sugar to cut the bitterness of coffee (not necessarily to make it sweet), a little trick is to add a tiny pinch of salt to your coffee cup, or about 1/4 teaspoon to the grounds before brewing a pot. Will eliminate the bitterness without adding sugar.

Either Torani coffee syrups and extra creamy oatmilk OR a splash of international delights creamer
Can't do any stevia/splenda etc so in a pinch regular sugar and oatmilk or half and half

Stevia is gross to me in coffee or otherwise. We tried some Zevia sodas and had to throw them out.

I put a bit of Nestlé Quick in with the coffee when it brews.

Pure maple syrup. Dissolves better than crystalized sweeteners and doesn't give you that processed sugar high/crash.
I normally drink it black but tried coffee with black strap molasses for a little while.

It was fine. I did it to increase my daily potassium.

Never heard that.
I am diabetic and have used Splenda for many, many years and have no problems and PC and endocrinologist have said nothing bad about it
See the link I posted. I used splenda for many years too, but I actually stopped using it before I was diagnosed as diabetic.

Premier Protein shakes-vanilla flavor. Protein, vitamins and caffeine-what could be better ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter