How do you store your DVDs?

yoopermom

Come join Bravo by the fire...
We are moving, and I swear the DVDs aren't going back out until I can find something to put them in that will keep the dust off them. When I packed them off the open shelving unit, they were filthy (despite my cleaning often, urgh).

So does anyone have a closed/covered type DVD unit that you really like?

(And my DH likes to keep them in their cases, so binders isn't a choice, unfortunately...)

TIA!

Terri

I bought a jelly cabinet that I keep them all in. looks nice, no dust/dirt. I really don't want to see them all sitting out anywhere so like that it is a piece of closed furniture.

We have DVD/CD cabinets that are closed. We started with 2 and added another.
Look nice.
Do a search you will see a lot.

Do you remember the name or manufacturer of the ones you have? We bought DS a cheap Sauder one from Shopko that came in like eight million pieces, and once you load the doors up with DVDS, it's really hard to get them to swing shut properly.

Great idea, too, about repurposing a different piece of furniture!

Terri

We have more of those than we should have. I keep some in one of those storage ottoman things (found on clearance at Walmart), the rest go in a cabinet.

They actually have yours on sale at Amazon but not in black unfortunately. I do like that it's solid wood.

Terri

I have an obsession with buying movies, so I have well over 200 by now. I bought plastic bins from Target and it stores A LOT of them. A good majority of mine fit into 2 perfectly. They were inexpensive and came in bright, cute colors which I loved. :thumbsup2

I have an obsession with buying movies, so I have well over 200 by now. I bought plastic bins from Target and it stores A LOT of them. A good majority of mine fit into 2 perfectly. They were inexpensive and came in bright, cute colors which I loved. :thumbsup2

do yourself a favor and make an inventory of them-you might be surprised at how many more you have than you think (I would have guessed between vhs and dvds we had about 500-try almost 960:faint:). our homeowner's insurance agent spurred us into doing an inventory when she mentioned that one of the hardest things for people to submit claims on w/a home disaster is their movie collections-and with some (esp. if you get the special or anniversary editions of stuff that subsequently gets 'locked in the vault') the replacement cost is much higher than the original purchase price.

mine isn't specifically for dvds. I went to an unfinished furniture store and loved this tall jelly cabinet. painted it with milk paint. its real wood, not one of those cheap put together things and looks so pretty!

When we finished our basement into an entertainment room, I bought the HEMNES cabinets with doors from IKEA for either side of my HEMNES TV stand. They replaced about 4 other pieces we had been storing DVDS/CDS n throughout the house. I got the kind with half panel/half glass doors. You can also get all glass or all panel doors. For proper spacing, you will probably need to buy at least 2 extra shelves if you are only using it for DVDS but they are cheap. Now that I have mine set up, I need to get a few more shelves.

When we still stored them in their cases, we used a pie safe cabinet. Once I made the decision to get rid of the cases (they took up waaaaay too much room), I bought CD envelopes to place them in. I labeled each envelope and stored them alphabetically in IKEA small media boxes. The more than 300 blue-ray and DVDs we own couldn't fit into a pie safe- now they fit on one shelf.

do yourself a favor and make an inventory of them-you might be surprised at how many more you have than you think (I would have guessed between vhs and dvds we had about 500-try almost 960:faint:). our homeowner's insurance agent spurred us into doing an inventory when she mentioned that one of the hardest things for people to submit claims on w/a home disaster is their movie collections-and with some (esp. if you get the special or anniversary editions of stuff that subsequently gets 'locked in the vault') the replacement cost is much higher than the original purchase price.

Ah, thank you! I will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter