How do you select a certain stateroom?

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
It's opening day and the room I'm looking at is not anything special. Just a room. There's no way it would be booked the entire spring by yesterday. In fact, the connecting room is one that comes up, but even if I select as though I want to book a connecting room, it doesn't come up. On any spring sailing.

Is there a way to select a room or will this be a phone call to see if it's actually available?

I'm sure you are probably going to have to contact DCL or your TA to determine which room is available. I book all my cruises using my TA and depending on whether I plan on selecting a specific stateroom or GTY room all depends on the cruise price but basically I just want a room.

Are you saying that you are looking for a specific room and it doesn't come up as available? I do know that using the website only a subset of rooms comes up at one time, not every available room. Another thing that I found is that if you have, for example, 5 people, not all rooms in the 4-5 person category are actually 5 person rooms. So when I was booking 2 rooms, both in the 4 to 5 room category, a lot more rooms showed up as choices for our 4-person group than for our 5-person group, so we had to select the 5 person room first and then pick the room that connected to it for the 4 people.

I tried 2 people, then 4 people, then 5 in one room and 4 in a second room, thinking it would give me that connecting room, but it didn't. It gave me the room on the other side of the ship. I think it's just a subset issue, too, but it seems the system doesn't like giving up that room. It's not a special room. Not a special balcony or in a special place. Just a room, so I can't imagine it being snapped up on every cruise this spring already.

Probably the opposite, so many rooms available that it never offers that one as one of your choices. I'm afraid you'll have to <shudder> call them. (Ug). I much rather use the website.

I'm having issues booking the connecting rooms on the Wonder. I can't get them to come up, so I guess I have to call too. Pretty frustrating honestly, I have a house full of loud kids so getting on the phone isn't the easiest. So strange that it won't let me pick connecting rooms, especially since I'm trying to book 2 rooms at the same time. You'd think those would come up first,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter