How do you organize your pins?

phillymummer

DIS Veteran
Hello DISers!

My DD11 has been to WDW 5 times and is into pins BIG TIME. She has acquired DOZENS of pins.
Currently we keep them in a 2" binder. I bought thin foam and clear plastic sheet protectors. She attaches the pins to the foam, slides the foam into the sheet protectors, then keeps the pages in a binder. Her pin collection is almost outgrowing this method. She needs a more pages and a bigger binder!

I was just wondering how others store/ organize/ manage their pins? Just looking for ideas.

~PM

I get 12x12 cork, glue it to foam core for stiffness and thickness. I then wrap it in black felt. I store those boards in plastic containers meant for 12x12 scrap booking paper that you get at michaels.

I can get 4 boards to a container when they are loaded with pins.

I get 12x12 cork, glue it to foam core for stiffness and thickness. I then wrap it in black felt. I store those boards in plastic containers meant for 12x12 scrap booking paper that you get at michaels.

I can get 4 boards to a container when they are loaded with pins.

That sounds like a great way to organize! The boards sound thick, so it is safe to guess that you don't put the backs on the pins? You just stick the pins in the boards?

my pins that are not for trade are all on cork boards. my traders, i bought a trading bag online with zippered pockets, bought cork to cut and fit in the pockets, zipped them shut, and the pins seem to stay on fairly well. there's a small pouch in the back to hold pin backs in.

many traders I've seen use this method.

I have mine displayed on cork boards by category, characters, rides, parks etc. and they are hanging on the wall. Makes me smile! Pins for trade I carry with me while in the parks.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think i am going to buy a bigger binder, more foam, and more sheet protectors. DD likes her pin binder bc she can get it out whenever she wants to look at it and it just takes up
Space on her bookshelf.

I may try to find some stiffer foam bc the pins are heavy and the foam is a pain in the butt to get back in the sleeve!

My son is a huge collector as well. I bought him a plain corkboard, but covered it with some Mickey Mouse fabric. He just sticks all of the pins on the corkboard (backs are saved in a bag for safekeeping). It looks really cute and he loves displaying them on the wall in his room. They're in no particular order, though. Just randomly displayed.

Depends on the pins. In general my daughter uses a pin collector binding from disney. I also picked her up a new small one over the weekend at destination d that was haunted mansion themed.. this is a little different as it has pouches for them. I did't know that at the time but shes going to use the small one to bring around for pin trading when at the parks..

Now some of the pins we're actually starting to look at ways to display them better. I also joined the disney store parks coin subscription so we're still not sure how we want to do that yet. I bring it up here only because one of the pins I recently got was a giant shanghai disney opening day pin.. it came in a nice box and it's larger than a $1 bill. really nice pin but difficult to display..

I had no idea Disney sold a pin collecting binder! But really.... I should have guessed! LOL I will have to look them up. Thanks!

P.S.- Do you have a link or know where I could find one of the binders? I am looking at the disney store but see only regular binders.... nothing special about them. Is there anything special about the ones you are talking about?

IMG_5855.JPG

Cork trivets from IKEA covered in fabric (tutorial found on Pinterest) hold my keepers. The traders are in a gallon ziplock and I just reload a lanyard every day.

As far as the binder, it's not on the site, but on the shop parks app there's both a soft-sided messenger bag style ($43) and a traditional cardboard side binder ($24). Just search "pin trading" and they come up, nothing comes up with "binder" as a search term.

I have mine displayed on cork boards by category, characters, rides, parks etc. and they are hanging on the wall. Makes me smile! Pins for trade I carry with me while in the parks.

My wife has a 3' X 5' cork board all filled with Disney pins all in some kind of order. I must say it does look pretty nice! She is on her second board now.

Add me to the list of those who use cork boards. I have four square cork boards that hang on the wall, so I can view them whenever I like.

UPDATE- My DD did not want to hang her pins. But, we found a large box that fits 8"x 11" foam sheets. She transferred the pins to the box and all us good now.

I have them on a hat I got in WDW many years ago:
PinHat.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter