How do you make REAL lemonade?

taeja71

<font color=deeppink>I'll type real slow...<br><fo
I want the real deal using lemons, lemon juice, sugar, and maybe a sprigs of mint for embellishment. Any suggestions for ratios? Would I use concentrated lemon juice? TIA, I look forward to your replies. :wave:

i made some yesterday, i used real lemon concentrated juice,
1 cup juice
6 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar (recipe says 1 cup)
and then i cut up a real lemon and squeezed a small amount of its juice in the lemonaid and cut the rest for decoration.
it was good, but not as good as my moms "homemade" but she goes by taste. and i have never been able to make it that way.

This is the recipe from Pampered Chef which is very good. You dont have to use their pitcher to make it but of course they recommend it.

Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade
Ingredients:
6 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
3-4 medium lemons

Directions:
1. Place water and sugar in Quick-Stir® Pitcher. Mix well with plunger until sugar is dissolved. Zest lemons to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Juice lemons using Juicer to measure 1/2 cup juice. Add zest and juice to Pitcher. Mix well with plunger.

2. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve over ice and garnish with fresh mint and slice of lemon.

Yield: 7 (1-cup) servings

If you buy a bottle of Real Lemon Juice, it has the recipe on the bottle. It's really good stuff! :thumbsup2

This is Paula Deen's recipe for lemonade:

2 cups sugar
1 cup hot water
2 cups fresh lemon juice
1 gallon cold water
1 lemon, sliced
Mint sprigs, for garnish

In a 1 gallon container, place sugar and hot water, and stir until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and cold water to render 1 gallon. Stir until well mixed. Pour lemonade over glasses of ice, squeeze slice of lemon on top of each, and garnish with a sprig of mint.

I made it the other day and it was delicious!!

A little off the topic here but I'm chuckling and had to share...

When I was engaged my DH mentioned that he would love some "real" lemonade! Wanting him to know how wonderful my domestic skills were I ran straight over to our neighbors house and asked if I could pick some lemons from their tree. You can't get any fresher than that I figured. I ran home, squeezed all the lemons, added water and put it in a fancy pitcher.

I still lived at home at the time so I called DH and my mom both out to the kitchen and gave them each a nice glass of fresh lemonade over ice. They both took a big drink at the same time. You should have seen their faces!!! Oooops, no one said I was supposed to add sugar!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

DH still married me and we've been together for 23 years!

And my mom gave me a magnet for the refrigerator at my bridal shower - "Recipe for boiling water!" Need I say more!

I do not believe in RealLemon for any application but definately in lemonade where that is the only flavor. Real lemon tastes really metallic and oddly enough artificial. Nothing beats fresh lemon.

If you are going to go through the trouble of making fresh lemonade, instead of buying an awful jug of it, you should go all the way and squeeze fresh lemons!

I am sorry I am kind of crazy about good food, no offense to anyone. I grew up with a mother that used RealLemon for everything. It is awful.

My favorite recipe is from Cooks Illustrated. They actually slice the lemons with the peel, then mashes them with sugar to form a syrup. That way you get the oils in the zest as well. Much rounder flavor. They then strain out the lemons and add water.

Their website is www.cooksillustrated.com . You can sign up for a one month fee of 3.95. Or a yearly fee.
-Becca

eeyoresmountainpals said:

When I was engaged my DH mentioned that he would love some "real" lemonade! Wanting him to know how wonderful my domestic skills were I ran straight over to our neighbors house and asked if I could pick some lemons from their tree. You can't get any fresher than that I figured. I ran home, squeezed all the lemons, added water and put it in a fancy pitcher.

I still lived at home at the time so I called DH and my mom both out to the kitchen and gave them each a nice glass of fresh lemonade over ice. They both took a big drink at the same time. You should have seen their faces!!! Oooops, no one said I was supposed to add sugar!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And my mom gave me a magnet for the refrigerator at my bridal shower - "Recipe for boiling water!" Need I say more!

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: That sounds so much like something I would do! :lmao:

eeyoresmountainpals said:

I can't imagine siping a sip of raw lemon juice. *pucker*

That was me too. Now my kids tell me, mom your water's really hot and making steam! My dh and I had a lot of frozen dinners in the early years of our marriage. Glad he married me first and then found out who is bride really was.... :teeth: :crazy:

Going more off topic b/c I can.... :stir: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter