• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you like 1900 Park Fare

barbz56

Mouseketeer
I will be at Disney this Friday. Have to eat fish because it is Lent. How is the 1900 Park Fare buffet? I see it has fish on the buffet. I can’t get into Cape May Cafe

We went twice for late breakfast (brunch-ish). The 1st time was fabulous. Great service. Enjoyed the food. Characters are awesome and witty. Second time, the service was a bit lacking. Took forever to get our first drinks and never could get refills. Some food items were missing from what we had the 1st time (chicken tenders in particular that DD loved and wanted to go back specifically for). Sorry, not sure about the seafood items on dinner buffet as we didn't go dinnertime. But late breakfast has eggs and french toast and waffles and the such which are good for Lenten Fridays. Food is good and characters are super awesome (even for the older set...my DDs were college aged and enjoyed them...plus you have Tigger for the littles). Just hit or miss service wise and that is just the norm all over WDW (have had the same at Cape May).

We had a very disappointing dinner. It was very busy when we were there, and I've read that other people have really liked it, so maybe we just had a bad night. The buffet did not replenish much of the adult food while we were there (at 6:00, so not near close) and I didn't find a meal of overcooked pasta, corn, and mashed potatoes appealing. our server brought our initial round of drinks and didn't appear again until she brought the check and started clearing the plates we were still eating from (literally- fork raised over plate and there it went!)
The character interaction was terrific, but I didn't feel it was worth the price

Thank you everyone. I booked dinner at Trails End. I have eaten there before. I should be able to find enuf to eat with it being Lent and no meat

When we went this past summer the food was fine. The service on the other hand was awful. Our server dropped our drinks off and never came back. Other servers dropped off drinks when we asked and cleared our plates. The only time our server came back and took plates (with a now magically cheery and friendly attitude) was when she dropped the bill off. Hoping I’m sure for a large tip. We tipped in accordance with her level of service and when she brought our receipt back to us, she literally threw it on the table as she walked by without pausing.

As 2 adults, we loved it the first time we went. Great interaction. It was located in another area of GF and the night was a huge win for us. Couldn't stop talking about and recommending it.

A year later, it was located in its present location and it was a huge disappointment. Jammed to the rafters. Poor interaction. Location of table was hard to get to the buffet table. Food was mediocre when you could squeeze in to get it. The whole experience was not good and we will spend the money elsewhere.

What a difference a day makes.

We had good service and the food was good. Of all character meals we’ve done, this was the best in terms of 1:1 time with our kids and engagement tailored to them.

Did it once years ago. Never again. Characters were fun, but we felt that the food was definitely not worth the price. Yuck.

Honestly I expected it to be better. We stayed at the GF so decided to try it even though I much prefer fur characters. I like Chef Mickey's and Cape May better. Our table at 1900 PF was SO close to the neighbors. Being at the GF, I expected the environment to be a bit more upscale I suppose. Granted we were there for breakfast, not dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter