• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Do You Keep Track of Pod Cast Tips and Info?

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
Since I'm new to pod cast listening (new and quickly addicted :) )
I've been going back and listening to old podcasts and have heard tons of great info, reviews, tips and things I want to remember. Usually if it's a thread I want to remember, I just save it to my Favorites or copy the piece of information and print it out, but with the podcasts I've been writing things down in a notebook...anyone have any other ideas or ways of recording pod cast info they want to reference for future trips or whatever?

first: you become obsessive compulsive.

second: you develop eidetic memory.

third: you put Kevin on speed dial.

it is only two hours a week... you have to dedicate to listening to the show, take more notes... or ask on this board. I can name a dozen user ids on a dozen OCD meds who can quote restaurant reviews verbatim.

either that or you can just follow the lights on the Bawb Cawrt.

There are technology solutions to this. Here is one that the Podcast team may wish to consider. With the growing number of podcasts on the DIS and the wealth of information in them, this would be a great capability.

I will say upfront that I am not trying to sell the tool listed below (it is actually free) but the company I work for developed the technology behind the tool. I get nothing for suggesting this. There may be other companies that provide similar capabilities and they may have capability worth looking at too.

There is a company called "EveryZing" that provides search capabilities for podcasts. I know about Everyzing because my company developed the technology for the search engine. EveryZing is a spin-off from my company.

EveryZing works much like Google but it was developed for audio and video podcasts. Like Google, you can use EveryZing on your own site to limit the search to just your site's content or you can search from the EveryZing main page and get content from all podcasts EveryZing knows about.

You need to register your podcast with EveryZing. Unlike Google, EveryZing does not troll the entire web, just things registered to it. REgistered sites must be open to the entire internet. Periodically, EveryZing goes out and scans your recent podcasts and indexes them to allow for search. When you enter a search term, it scans for that term and returns with all podcasts where it found the search item. For each podcast where it finds your term, it gives you the name of the podcast, its date, a written text of the podcast just before and after the search term and a relative time that shows where in the podcast the text starts. Click on the time and the podcast will start playing from that point or play the entire podcast. Because the tool transcribes audio to written text, some of the text may look a little odd, but it is mostly good. It works with dialects so Bob should be fine - besides the software was written in Boston, but people who slur their words or speak uncommon terms that don't sound like they're spelled might be wrong.

It is easier to understand if you try it. Go to http://search.everyzing.com

Enter in quotes "Chef Mickey"

My attempt resulted in 27 hits, mostly Disney podcasts (none being the DIS unfortunately). The first podcast talked about different places to eat breakfast at DisneyWorld, Chef Mickey being one.

I tried a few other restaurants - some like California Grill had hits, others like Teppan Edo did not. This would be an awesome capability for finding Kevin's restaurant reviews or Julie's Store Tours.

You can try searching for anything on EveryZing. If you enter the name of one of the current presidential candidates you will get thousands of results. The search is pretty fast too.

It is a pretty neat tool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter