How do you handle selfish people?

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
I have a friend who I have been aquainted with for a number of years, our kids played together in preschool and we saw them every now and again socially. We both moved away for several years and kept in touch by the yearly Christmas card/newletter, but about a year or so ago we landed in the same town and started seeing each other more and we live around the block from one another. Recently I have been noticing how selfish this friend is, everything is about her and if it isn't she brings it around to her. She even jokes some times that she was raised this way, she was raised not to share her toys and that not being selfish is hard for her. It never bothered me much before, but lately it has. I turned her on to WW and she goes to meetings with me and she never really asks how I did, but always has to talk about what she has accomplished and lately I noticed she keeps turning the meetings towards her, even when the leader is speaking. It is getting frustrating. But the most frustrating thing for me happened tonight and it really bothered me. I was talking to a really good friend of mine at the meeting and she wasn't able to stay, she was just weighing in and leaving, I had my back to the room as I was having this conversation and this other friend comes up and says to my back while I was talking, I lost another pound. I glanced over my shoulderand said good, but continued with my original conversation. Then she says, did you hear me, I lost another pound. To which I turned again and said that is good, congratulations. A bit goes by and a couple of other ladies join me in talking to the friend that is leaving and this lady puts her hand on my shoulder and jumps in the conversation and turns it around to her. She never asks how anyone else is doing and it drives me nuts that she is always putting herself first. Because my other friend was leaving our leader wanted to honor her for getting an additional 5 lbs lost and give her her 25 pound reward and this lady says out loud oh, good we can celebrate my 25 pound loss later.....stealing thunder from the friend that is leaving. I know this must sound so small, but it is bothering me at her selfishness and inconsiderateness and I am wondering how I have not noticed this before. So I am hoping that the great group of folks here have some advice for me.

Thanks for listening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter