How do you get the rare character appearances on DCL? (Princess Minnie and Daisy, Sleeping Goofy)

Microfin

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!

I'm a big fan of meeting characters in unique costumes, and I have a few questions about unique DCL character meets. I have seen photos of Minnie and Daisy in their princess costumes, videos of Goofy sleep walking and Goofy on the deck doing exercises in a jogging suit... but, what triggers these appearances? Is there any way to tell before hand if you have a chance to see these?

Hoping that anyone who has had these encounters can help provide some insight. I'll be going on my 3rd cruise (The Wonder in April, a 7 day) and hoping to experience something special during the trip!

7 nt cruises are more likely to have those types of costumes. We saw sleepwalking Goofy outside the shops after we got out of the theater in Alaska in 2016, and taken pics with princess Minnie and Daisy in the Atrium on multiple 7 nt cruises. I love the local costumes they wear too--Alaaka, Baltic Sea, etc.

7 nt cruises are more likely to have those types of costumes. We saw sleepwalking Goofy outside the shops after we got out of the theater in Alaska in 2016, and taken pics with princess Minnie and Daisy in the Atrium on multiple 7 nt cruises. I love the local costumes they wear too--Alaaka, Baltic Sea, etc.
Thank you so much for the info! My previous cruises were a 5 and 4 night, so it gives me a lil hoping knowing my 7 nighter might bring some extra fun 🤩

Ive seen Minnie in her Princess costume during the Royal Gathering in the atrium. The princesses were in the atrium and Minnie was on deck 4 above them. Most people were in the atrium and missed her. I wasnt going to the Royal Gathering, just walking though on deck 4.

Go on a crossing cruise. Transatlantic and South Pacific cruises have a lot of sea days and they need to fill that time with a variety of characters.

I have a photo with princess Daisy but I’ve never seen princess Minnie.

Daisy was on a 7 night.
Does Minnie participate in the Princess Tea? I think I've seen her coming from there in that costume.

Also Halloween cruise - they had new outfits almost every day!

Found her in our Wonder pictures from Alaska. Seems like a regular meet and greet up on Deck 4:

2022-06-12 - Disney Wonder - Disney Wonder_22 copy.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter