• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you get Disney fix?

Bossy22

DIS Veteran
So, if you are on these boards you are probably a Disney fanatic like myself. Being from Canada and not exactly rich we can only afford to go to DL more than once every couple of years (I sell hockey cards to help pay for the trip). How do you get your Disney fix when you are not in the park? I have small daughters so I was watching a lot of Mulan, Little Mermaid, etc but recently I discovered the Disney Treasures series (warning, these are addictive!) I have the Disneyland one, which is great, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc. To me, these get me more to my happy place than any other movie. How about you?

Thankfully my kids love Disney movies so we watch a lot of Tangled, Frozen, Toy Story, Big Hero 6. Youtube has some great vids for DL rides, hotels, etc... and many of the classic Disney cartoons can be found on there (undoubtedly without the approval of Walt Disney Co.)

I always get the free planning DVDs and I just watch those and anytime disney is on travel channel. Disneyland was in an episode of modern family I watched the other night & it made me so excited even though it was just literally the background.

seeing the park just brings back memories and makes me want to go back.

My husband and I like to watch fresh baked episodes for our fix. :love:

I love watching Fresh Baked! My 4-year-old son is obsessed with watching ride videos, we watch one every night as part of our bedtime routine. We especially love watching the rides from Shanghai and Toyko.

We watch a ton of Disney movies too, put together Disney puzzles, play Disney board games... I also enjoy reading the Disney Parks Blog and follow several Disney related accounts on Instagram.

We have quite a few souvenirs that we use frequently that remind us of our trips and make us happy- coffee mugs, souvenir cups etc. One of my favorites is our Mickey Mouse cookie cutter, I use it to make my son's sandwiches Mickey-shaped, and we use it to cut out our Mickey beignets.

I feel like these boards are the only place where I can admit all of this without sounding crazy! :earsboy:

This is so lame, but... I drink a lot of coffee and so my souvenirs are actually mugs. I have an Aulani Christmas 2014 mug and a Disneyland 50th mug. I like to drink my coffee out of them in the morning and think of that vacation with my kids.
That isn't lame it's adorable! And kinda genius, it's a wonderful, affordable way to remember your trips!

I just bought the Unoffical Guide and really am enjoying it. I know you can get a lot more updated info online but there is something about a hard cover book that can't be matched. I used to make my parents buy me the Birnbaum Official guide when I was a kid. The pictures were great, but the content not so much.

Listen to park music at home & work (YouTube - SuperHotLarry and MrThemeParkAudios, for example). My faves are Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar, Tower of Terror Lobby Loop, Indiana Jones Outdoor Loop, Buena Vista Street Music Loop, and the Holiday Music Loops...Enjoy!

This is so lame, but... I drink a lot of coffee and so my souvenirs are actually mugs. I have an Aulani Christmas 2014 mug and a Disneyland 50th mug. I like to drink my coffee out of them in the morning and think of that vacation with my kids.
Not lame!! I'm the same! My cupboard is filled with mugs from our trips so every time I drink my coffee I'm thinking of those trips!!

Some great responses and I love them all! Another thing I do, besides watching Disney Treasures, is going through pictures with my girls! We get lots of laughs and lots of smiles! My wife is an avid scrapbooker and she is scrapping our trips, they are amazing!!!

I love podcasts and listen to a lot of them at work and in the car. I also watch a lot of Disney movies and I'll wear Disney clothes a lot too - cause I'm a nerd like that. I carry a Disney purse almost every day and I have 5 Disney tattoos too.

One of my most favorite ways to pass the time between trips is listening to the DisUnplugged podcasts and watching the vlogs posted by the podcasters. DisneyWorld, Disneyland, and even Universal, I love the content provided. The Disneyland team has been showing up on some of the vlogs too, and it's been nice to put a face to a voice. Seriously, check them out; there is so much great stuff.

My sister and I love looking at the menus of the different restaurants and deciding what we'd eat if we were at the park. The Shop Disney Parks app is fun for "window shopping." Looking at scrapbooks is fun too. Following Disney news on Instagram and Twitter is a nice way to pass the time. We also spend a lot of time watching YouTube videos and living vicariously through others.

The problem is doing all of this makes my family want to go sooner than we can, so to temper the excitement, I price a trip. Seeing the costs added up makes it easier to wait a little longer.

We have the music CDs, which are phenomenal, in two ways. First, the music from the attractions really put you back in the moment. Second, when you're at the parks, you really are more conscious of the music.

Another thing I do is always use the same fragrance of body wash when we go on vacation (Bath & Bodyworks "Sensual Amber" - which has been discontinued, so I stocked up). Then, when I want to be reminded, I use it at home. The fragrance always brings it right back.

I always get the free planning DVDs and I just watch those and anytime disney is on travel channel. Disneyland was in an episode of modern family I watched the other night & it made me so excited even though it was just literally the background.

seeing the park just brings back memories and makes me want to go back.

I love that episode where Dillon is one of the Dapper Dans and Jay just wants to watch great moments with Mr. Lincoln.

I like to watch Disney Sing Along Songs Disneyland edition while I make dinner. It takes me back to being a a kid in the park since it is so 80's and my son used to watch it over and over again on VHS when he was little. I get warm fuzzy feelings every time the intro plays.

Oh, there's lots of ways we keep DL in our day-to-day lives at home....

Obviously, daily Disboards addiction (only time I miss being here daily is when I'm actually in the parks).

Lanyard/pins at my desk at work.

Disney pens/pencils at work.

Disney phone case.

Now That's What I Call Music Disney Princesses loaded on my phone (with some additional music--"When Can I See You Again" from PtN and others).

In my CD drive at work is the Disneyland Legacy CD (3-disc collection is rotated daily).

Disney Sing-along Disneyland Fun DVD.

Growth chart in the spare room so grandkids come in each visit to see what rides they are tall enough for.

Vintage ride posters on the walls in the spare room.

Lots of Disney DVDs.

YouTube (specifically Fresh Baked Disney, who is also a poster on here).

Subtle Disneybounding at work ("oh, you're right, red polka dot short with black skirt and yellow shoes does give a subtle Minnie vibe, Boss! I never noticed!")....

The Science of Imagineering DVDs (our library system has them; they are the physics behind the rides).

All of the above! I also love listening to theme park audio (it's always on in the background of whatever I'm doing), and doing 'themed nights'- even thought they're usually just for me! There's something magical about eating the gray stuff while watching Beauty and the Beast. :)

I like to watch the old sing along from the 90s. I also watch the parades and rides on youtube. And, I totally obsess on the different Disneyland forums.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter