• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you feel about adults drinking alcohol at Disney?

What is your position on adults openly drinking alcohol while in Disney?

• I could care less...it's their business

• It kind of bothers me but not enough to let it affect me in any way

• I am offended and I give dirty looks to those who do it

• I am so offended that it keeps me from going as often as I'd like

Results are only viewable after voting.
How about its a vacation and as long as they are not bugging me I don't care. That's my take, your going to come across drunkards anywhere their is alcohol. 1 idiot should not ruin it for the other 99 people who enjoy their wine/beer/spirits on vacation.

That said I do have one issue, don't bring your kids to the bar/lounge. They don't need to see mommy and daddy or strangers get drunk, if you want to have a date night get a baby sitter. Pet peeve of mine.

I'm not interested in what anyone else does in WDW but myself and my family. Drink anything and as much of it as you want as long as you're not obnoxious or rude (or disrespectful to CM's like i've seen in the World Showcase after a person has had a few too many).

rastika and JanaDee, I'm sorry that was your experience. We have addicts in our family, too, although they are off a different flavor (more lock up your prescription meds and your wallet when they come over for Xmas dinner, although we put away the booze, too). I can completely understand why you feel the way you do.

I'm the adult child of alcoholics too and believe me my entire life I wished alcohol wasn't allowed places. I don't ever drink, personally, and I dislike the way people act when they pass their tolerance (be it one or ten drinks). But I'm not in charge of the world and my experiences change my perceptions, plus I realize a lot of people can handle their drinks just fine! It just makes me nervous to be around people drinking, so we avoid it when possible. Live and let live, just don't bug me. :duck:

Drinking around the world has become a new birthday vacation tradition. Plus it gives me (another) excuse to plan a trip to WDW. Unless you get slop slop sloppy I think its totally ok.

Plus, lets be real. There arent a TON of kid friendly things to do in World Showcase. Its literally a perfect place to be drinking.

Be warned though, do NOT drink around the world and then attempt intense mode Mission Space. Bad idea.

Drinking around the world has become a new birthday vacation tradition. Plus it gives me (another) excuse to plan a trip to WDW. Unless you get slop slop sloppy I think its totally ok.

Plus, lets be real. There arent a TON of kid friendly things to do in World Showcase. Its literally a perfect place to be drinking.

Be warned though, do NOT drink around the world and then attempt intense mode Mission Space. Bad idea.

It's the world's greatest bar with the word's most expensive cover charge :)

In parks, alcohol should be served only at restaurants with meals. In EPCOT, have seen to many over doing it.

It's the world's greatest bar with the word's most expensive cover charge :)

OMG, this!!!! Totally this. I'm going to put this in my signature.

Of course, I also just bought a disney gift card for our trip on Saturday for the sole purpose of drinking around the world. As many others have said, as long as I'm not throwing up on anyone, being obnoxious, hitting on anyone (male or female) or taking my clothes off, why would anyone care what I'm doing?

Some people like being hit on...

Stacy

I've never noticed anyone just fall on the ground drunk at the F&W festival, but if you hang out until closing time, those bus rides back to the resort can be pretty interesting. ;)

I dont think I have ever seen a drunk person outside of World Showcase. Its the adult section of the parks. It also happens to be my favorite place in the entire world.

OMG, this!!!! Totally this. I'm going to put this in my signature.

Of course, I also just bought a disney gift card for our trip on Saturday for the sole purpose of drinking around the world. As many others have said, as long as I'm not throwing up on anyone, being obnoxious, hitting on anyone (male or female) or taking my clothes off, why would anyone care what I'm doing?

Some people like being hit on...

Stacy

/wink :woohoo:

I definitely could not care less what adults do, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. I was at food and wine on a Saturday night around 8:30 or 9:00 and didn't even notice one person who was intoxicated.

Probably the only time it would even bother me a tiny bit is if I saw adults completely trashed with their young kids around. But I definitely didn't see that - it's just the only situation I can imagine thinking twice about.

And I'm someone who doesn't drink ever. It just doesn't bother me what others do.

Not only did I have the experiences in my previous post, there was also a group of young drunk men sitting at the curb in front of the Rose & Crown. They were getting loud & were told to stop by a security guard. When they left, 3 security guards followed. A fourth entered the pub. So yes, it does happen. One guard told my husband that their presence was necessary to keep them under control.

I think your friend should stay home next time. Personally I wish there was beer at MK. I looove walking around DTD with a beer.

I couldn't care less. I drink when I am there but certainly don't get drunk. There is too much I would miss. Was there in September and on our second to last night we got new neighbors at the CBR. One of the women in the room got rediculiously drunk and could barely walk....and she was with a 10-12 year old. Quite pathetic actually. She then proceeded to smoke outside our room all night. I've never seen anyone else even close to being drunk.

The only time I had a problem was a couple of years ago when a bachelor party was drinking around the world at EPCOT. They were pretty liquored up and getting loud and obnoxious. They didn't last that long, I'm not sure what happened but they were gone not long after I saw them.

Not only did I have the experiences in my previous post, there was also a group of young drunk men sitting at the curb in front of the Rose & Crown. They were getting loud & were told to stop by a security guard. When they left, 3 security guards followed. A fourth entered the pub. So yes, it does happen. One guard told my husband that their presence was necessary to keep them under control.

First trip to WDW was solo and it was Food & Wine Festival time. I personally didn't have a clue as to what that meant so was shocked to see/hear a rude drunk by the Spaceship Earth globe. The guy was shouting profanity...which quickly brought the attention of security guards! I was glad to see that Disney had security measures in place to keep the situation in control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter