How do you do the virtual cue for Mickey and Minnies Railway

Minuet888

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to DIsney since virtual cues were a thing so I need help with this. We aren't staying on site or anything and don't have a package, just bought tickets online. How do I access the virtual cue?
Also how does it work with a DAS??

Last edited:
You do not need to be in the park to join the virtual queue, as long as you have a ticket and park reservation for Disneyland for that day. We did it from the hotel, since the parks didn't open until 8.

Just make sure that you have the app open, have clicked on "Virtual queues" and have selected your party prior to 7. You need to be QUICK. The 7 a.m. times are gone INSTANTLY.

With the DAS, you would just just let them know at the entrance, and you be directed to the lightning lane entrance when you arrive for your return time.

Open the Disneyland app prior to 7 am. Tap the the 3 lines at the bottom right of screen. Tap Virtual Queues. Pre-select guests. Refresh screen until 7 am, then join.

We just checked out of Westin and had no issues.

One caveat with using DAS. You will miss the standby queue, which is arguably an attraction in itself.

We chose to go through the standby line. Once. It took us about 60 minutes but that seems to be an anomaly. Most people report 20-30 minutes. It was a FABULOUS queue. It also did not trigger my son's sensory issues. He liked seeing all the props. However, that said, he had a rough time over the next few hours from the mental drain that long wait caused. So, next time we won't chance it.

My son is autistic as well. Depending on the time and how he is doing we will see about the standby line que

My son is autistic as well. Depending on the time and how he is doing we will see about the standby line que

It was our first ride of the day, which helped. I don't think a 60 minute queue would have been do able later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter