How do you celebrate your count down?

Petals & Pixie Dust

DIS Veteran
We are in the final stretch...I'M SO EXCITED!!! :yay::yay::yay:

So, how do you celebrate your count down? Dinners with special menus? Movie night? Watch the planning video...again?

Or to put it another way...How do you make the last few days in civilization bearable. :banana::banana::banana:

Write to-do lists, re-write them, scratch things off, watch the vacation countdown app! So fun!

Back when Home Depot sold Disney paint, they had Mickey shaped swatches. We got 90 of them (spread out over time), wrote numbers on them, and string them up on a ribbon. Each night before bed, we take one down.

Depending on the location we've done other countdowns. Not cruise related but when we went to Disneyland Paris we got the Lego Eiffel Tower set and broke that down into a 60-day countdown. Doing a certain number of steps each night, until the model was finished the night before the trip. I could see doing this with another architectural set for our upcoming Med cruise, but I haven't looked into yet.

Write to-do lists, re-write them, scratch things off, watch the vacation countdown app! So fun!

I'm doing this now. It is great to see things come together!!! :sail:

Back when Home Depot sold Disney paint, they had Mickey shaped swatches. We got 90 of them (spread out over time), wrote numbers on them, and string them up on a ribbon. Each night before bed, we take one down.

Depending on the location we've done other countdowns. Not cruise related but when we went to Disneyland Paris we got the Lego Eiffel Tower set and broke that down into a 60-day countdown. Doing a certain number of steps each night, until the model was finished the night before the trip. I could see doing this with another architectural set for our upcoming Med cruise, but I haven't looked into yet.

I love this! We are a little behind for time, but definitely something that we will think of next time! :worship:

Currently, DS and I are do our count down dance...it isn't pretty but it is fun and that is all that matters :dancer: :jumping1::dancer:

I’m like many on here I make my cruise lists and check the countdown each day (18 and counting until our next cruise!):yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter