How do we RD ToT on 8 am EMH?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
Just finished reading easywdw on the newest RD experience since the ending of EEMH. I like having a clear picture in my head and i'm not super familiar with HS.

Our goal is to get on ToT b/c it's the only ride at HS that we don't have a FP for on our trip. Our first FP of the day is RnR from 9 - 10. We are going THIS Sunday which has 8:00 am EMH.

The crowds scare me! Is there a way to get to HS a little later than 8 but before 9 and miss that big crowd heading to TSL or SWGE?

How would you play this? We are fine getting to RnR at the end of the FP window.

Thanks!

Agree with PPs - you'll be fine. We were there last week and were also able to obtain ToT as a 4th FP at various points during the day, so that's another option. Don't bust your butt to make it early and rush over there.

You could stop for a Starbucks, use the restroom, stop for a photo on Sunset Boulevard and still be able to walk on ToT twice, maybe three times if you hit rope drop.

Thanks everyone. So maybe this: how late could we arrive, ride ToT once and then scan into RnR around 10?

Thanks everyone. So maybe this: how late could we arrive, ride ToT once and then scan into RnR around 10?

In your shoes, I would arrive at 8:05. Everyone going to TSL or SWGE has already headed that way. Walk straight to TOT. Ride 2 or 3 times and go to RnRR. You might even be able to walk right onto RnRR, then use your FP before 10.

Maybe through the tapstyles at 9:10? The line does build eventually and it’s a long ride including the preshow and the second wait after the preshow. You can likely get away with a little later but I think 9:10 is pretty certain to be ok.

if it were me I’d want to get through by 8:50 though to beat the non-EMH crowd (which will probably be small as well but still)

finally, echoing another poster, ToT is the easiest FP to grab day of with the new tiering.

RD everyone is headed to SWGE or SDD. Almost all other rides are walkon.
2 weeks ago, we did SDD at 7:30, then TSMM twice walkon, AS2 walk on. Smugglers run was a 20 minute wait.
When the park opened, RnRC twice and ToT twice as walk on as the crowd was headed to TSL and SWGE.
FPs for ToT were available all day long if you refreshed.

I would get there around 9 to do ToT before RnRC at 10. If there's a fluke and it doesn't work out with enough time for you to ride it, you should have no issue finding a fourth FP+ for it later on.

Ok. I’m excited to try! We can’t look for FPs later on Bc they are tied up at MK. This is a CL FP day for us. Sounds like Tower shouldn’t be too hard in the morning. Fingers crossed for no issues! Just arrived late last night and our view is tower of terror!!! So exciting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter