How do things work when there are two different Castaway levels in same stateroom?

Donna M

DIS Veteran
My friend will be Pearl and I am gold. Can she make PAT for both of us? Will there be other things I would also get because the room is in her name too?

My friend will be Pearl and I am gold. Can she make PAT for both of us? Will there be other things I would also get because the room is in her name too?
When your online check in happens, it will be when the highest level CC on the reservation opens.

She will do the check in for the both of you.

Same for the CC gifts, the room gets one set of whatever the highest CC level in the room is.

Other benefits of being in a room with a Pearl guest:

Your friend can book onboard activities for you when Pearl booking opens.

Since your friend is Pearl, she can take you to dinner at Palo and you will each get $50 credit toward the prix fixe menu or a la carte options. I've been able to use this credit for brunch instead of dinner, although that's not explicitly mentioned in the Platinum/Pearl benefits.

1 port arrival time for the whole room and one booking window. It goes by highest castaway level in the room. Gifts will be based on level. For example, this past trip my parents (silver) took my nephews with them who were first time cruisers. My parents got silver gifts but my nephews did not since they were first time cruisers.

1 port arrival time for the whole room and one booking window. It goes by highest castaway level in the room. Gifts will be based on level. For example, this past trip my parents (silver) took my nephews with them who were first time cruisers. My parents got silver gifts but my nephews did not since they were first time cruisers.
We they in the same room? The CC gift is one gift per room, not per person.

We they in the same room? The CC gift is one gift per room, not per person.
Specifically referring to the lanyards. My parents both got their silver lanyards but my nephews did not get lanyards. That's what I meant sorry for the confusion. It wasn't a big deal for us since we did magic+ bands

Yes on Lanyards - DCL is very specific and gives them based on actual CC level of the individual person not room level.

For other things like platinum/Pearl gift in room, PAT, booking window, Palo credit etc it is all based on the highest level guest in any one stateroom. And gifts are generally one per stateroom not one per person!

My 7 year old is our pawn that we move to whoever is sailing with us to get them equal Platinum to us-

That way we can book activities, port arrival etc together
Just did this with my son. Grampa was surprised to hear that Nana wasn’t in his room but kiddo was 🤣.

Only thing here is to make sure the right adults have all necessary permissions. Got forbid grandpa actually be in charge of kiddo getting on or off the ship!

Just did this with my son. Grampa was surprised to hear that Nana wasn’t in his room but kiddo was 🤣.

Only thing here is to make sure the right adults have all necessary permissions. Got forbid grandpa actually be in charge of kiddo getting on or off the ship!
This is why we usual split a parent and a kid together, or just a parent. Hopefully we never have a real emergency muster, but if we do, I want to make sure that either me or my husband are with our kids at the same muster station (though if you book far enough in advance to get two staterooms together you don’t have to worry about it).

if we can check in according to highest CC level, does the person who has the highest status have to do the check in or does it open for the non status person? If I am sharing a room with a first timer, can she do the check in or do I have to?

if we can check in according to highest CC level, does the person who has the highest status have to do the check in or does it open for the non status person? If I am sharing a room with a first timer, can she do the check in or do I have to?
It's anyone linked to the room. I checked in for both my room and my son's room in October. He was 8 then and doesn't have an account. My dad and his girlfriend were first time cruisers.

Also, as gold, checked in to our platinum rooms on behalf of MIL/FIL at the earlier date.

Assuming you are both in the same stateroom, either of you may do the actual check-in. The stateroom takes on the CC status of the highest CC occupant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter