How do Mears Connect and Sunshine Flyer compare lately ??

I love your description of how big Terminal C is… so true!! And no one thought to add automated walkways like Terminals A and B?????
At Bush International Airport in Houston, they completely removed all the moving walkways during a major remodel just a few years ago. They said that people complained they were in the way and weren’t useful. Considering that they then used the extra space for commercial kiosks, which to me are more obstructive than the walkways were, I doubt the truth of that statement.

They could've run a slow-moving, get-on-get-off tram up the middle of Terminal C. The place is gigantic.

It's almost funny that there's such a long distance to walk there. It's like they're preparing you for Disney!

"" Apparently baggage claim is a huge problem at Terminal C. ""

The airlines, too, must feel sad that Magical Express was discontinued. If bgs got delayed into Orlando, the airlines could pass them along to DME. Now the airlines have to have couriers deliver late bags just as for passengers going to non-Disney locations.

Finally made it to MCO, after multiple delays with SW. Sunshine flyer says at least a 25 minute wait. Not using this company again.

yeah, I decided to cancel sunshine flyers.

I booked private transportation with an furloughed CM that started his own company and is doing well.
I will pay a bit more , but at least will have peace of mind of getting to Boardwalk and MCO ASAP.

Just got back. Second time using Sunshine Flyer. It worked great both ways.
Picked us up on time.
The 2 of us got on the bus and another couple. No one else was on the bus. Wondered how many more stops....NONE. Got to MCO 25 minutes later
I would use them again.
I have also never had a problem with Mears. It is just more crowded.

Do I have to make reservations ahead of time or can I wait til I arrive and go to Mears terminal and pay on the spot? I want to go as close to Celebration.

Sunshine Flyer now has a counter near the Starbucks and car rentals. They've moved inside! Raised their prices, too, $19.50 one way. Mears still at $16. May do a split reservation to save a few bucks.

Last edited:
Flying in July, first time back since they got rid of ME. Planning to book Mears Connect from MCO to Disney Resort (we just need one way - we are going to a cruise after our land portion of the trip so will book a separate transfer for that).

How is it different from ME? We go collect our own bags from Baggage Claim, and then do we just go down to the same place that ME had buses? Is it basically the same, just not Disney Themed and we get our own bags?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter