How do I stop thinking about my trip?? LOL

phillymummer

DIS Veteran
My hubby won 2 free airlines tickets through a contest at work, so we decided to use them to fly down to Disney in Oct. I have been stalking these boards for the last week, trying to figure out how to make the most out of our 3-night/ 4-day weekend trip. This is first Disney trip I am planning by myself. I want to do a lot, but I don't want to over-plan. I want to be flexible, but I want to have a basic daily plan. I have an itinerary made up, with a alternate plans in case the original plan doesn't work out.

How do y'all keep yourselves from going crazy with all of the details?? :crazy2:

meeee toooooo!!!!!! cannot stop thinking about our trip next month!! I need an intervention...

When I was planning, it was on my mind every day, so I have no advice for you in that aspect ...

I would just enjoy reading up on these boards, other websites, and getting books out of your library. I found great books at my library!

My husband and I carpool, so we would read out of the book a little every day while traveling to / from work, and just plan and get super excited.

The planning and researching was almost as much fun as going ... almost. :goodvibes

Funny, I just texted my husband that I can't stop thinking about Disney and I think it has become an illness.
We are going nov3-10 and stay offsite. But I REALLY want to stay at AoA (cars). We have 3 boys, 6, 4, and 2. But the price difference is about $1500. So I keep agonizing over if we can do it. what we will do each day, did I book enough ADRs...
Good luck planning and just to warn you after you return from WDW you may feel like you need to start planning again. It is definitely an illness.

I have found the research and planning to be entertaining most of the time. I haven't even called for reservations yet (calling tomorrow morning). Now I am beginning to second-guess my plans and starting to stress.

I think I will back away from my computer now! :badpc:

Just embrace the madness!!

I'm planning my first trip ever to the World, and it's scary how addicted to planning I am.

I'm on the boards all the time. I read trip reports. I corner people who have been to Disney and pick their brains. I'm not usually like this about vacations. Cruise? Whatever. Driving south to north along the coast of Austrailia? Played it by ear. African safari? Whatever the travel agent cooked up.

But Disney? Disney has warranted HOURS of planning, 7 different word docs, 6 drafts of schedule and 34 versions of the master calendar.

I'm crazy.

Just calm down. I remember the first trip I planned to Disney. I had an anxiety attack and couldnt sleep for so long. I planned every minute of that trip and it was the least enjoyable teip we took. After that trip I learn to just plan some and other things live it to luck. Just calm down and understand you wont be able to do everything. The most important thing about the trip is to have fun and create memories (good ones). Good luck.

Me too. Some of the best advice that I read came from the DisBoard. Namely, don't plan to do it all - won't happen. Review what each park offers, and decide your top 3 things to do. Rope Drop. Have fun.

Loosely relating to this, when I imagine my Grandchildren's first visit, I start to cry. I am afraid that as we walk into MK the first time, I will be crying (I am not a pretty crier). I come from a long line of sentimental folks, so I am looking at Youtube videos etc trying to desensitize myself, so I will not be sobbing. (D'ont want to scare the kiddies!)

My hubby won 2 free airlines tickets through a contest at work, so we decided to use them to fly down to Disney in Oct. I have been stalking these boards for the last week, trying to figure out how to make the most out of our 3-night/ 4-day weekend trip. This is first Disney trip I am planning by myself. I want to do a lot, but I don't want to over-plan. I want to be flexible, but I want to have a basic daily plan. I have an itinerary made up, with a alternate plans in case the original plan doesn't work out.

How do y'all keep yourselves from going crazy with all of the details?? :crazy2:

When you figure out a way let me know.:rotfl: DH and myself both act like this is our first trip, its our 6th trip in 5 yrs and we were just there 5 months ago! I do a rough agenda so we know where our dinner adr's are and try to stay in the park or close to the park that we are dining in for the night. I look @ EMH for the evening and figure out which park based off of those ( although they can change), but thats about it, I dont plan every minute like order of rides , etc. Just try to relax and I find coming on here helps past the time by reading other's posts.:thumbsup2

I DO THE SAME THING!! LOVE IT! SO EXCITING!
PLANNING IS A WONDERFUL PART OF THIS...WHEN IM ALL PLANNED I ALWAYS HAVE TO CHANGE SOMETHING LOL...
YOU GET LOTS OF GOOD ADVICE AND INFO BY LOOKING AROUND BOARDS AND SUCH...
LIKE THE EARLIER POST SAID JUST EMBRACE IT :)))
IT DOES GO BY QUICK pixiedust: IT WILL BE HERE B4 U KNO IT!!

When you figure out a way let me know.:rotfl: DH and myself both act like this is our first trip, its our 6th trip in 5 yrs and we were just there 5 months ago! I do a rough agenda so we know where our dinner adr's are and try to stay in the park or close to the park that we are dining in for the night. I look @ EMH for the evening and figure out which park based off of those ( although they can change), but thats about it, I dont plan every minute like order of rides , etc. Just try to relax and I find coming on here helps past the time by reading other's posts.:thumbsup2

This is kind of how we roll too! We just look to see when the EMH are each day, then we know what park we will be in so ADR's can be made. Other than that we just do rope drop and head to the most desired things first. That way the rest of the day can kind of be more relaxed. If you try to plan every detail it will definitely take away some of the magic.

As far as keeping yourself from going crazy with anticipation, I can't help you there. We are going the last week in August and I can barely contain myself! I think I have logged more hours on youtube this week than I have my job!

I have found the research and planning to be entertaining most of the time. I haven't even called for reservations yet (calling tomorrow morning). Now I am beginning to second-guess my plans and starting to stress.

I think I will back away from my computer now! :badpc:

I would just do a mummer strut around the block, that should straighten ya out. ;)

Give in to it! Lol! I started planning our upcoming Oct trip last August, and I don't think there has been a day go by that I haven't been on these boards!!:0) only 91 days to go and then I will probably start all over again!;)

I feel your pain. I'm obsessing over our Oct. trip too. If you come up with anything let me know.

Congrats on winning the flights! :cool1:

to Disney planning!

I discovered these boards back in October or November of last year before my trip getting to stay on property and my first trip in nearly 10 years. I haven't been able to tear myself away from these boards ever since. I just came out of lurker mode recently, but have devoured every bit of info and shared anticipation of trips. I am now planning my third trip for the week of Halloween and I am still reading everything! :surfweb:

PS - Now with the iphone app, I am really doomed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter