How do I sell my Disney stock?

A. Mara Ziwadie

Mouseketeer
I don't have many shares. The few that I do have, I'd like to get rid of them. What's the best/easiest way? Does Disney have its own Transfer Agent which will allow me to sell them back to Disney without having to go through a broker? I'd love to be able to do it that way.

Thanks in advance!

How did you obtain them? Most people buy their stock these days electronically and there are no stock certificates. Disney discontinued stock certificates 4 years ago.

http://shareholder.broadridge.com/disneyinvestor/
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/investor-relations/

TRANSFER AGENT
Q: Who is the transfer agent?
A: Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions (“Broadridge”) is the Stock Transfer Agent and Registrar for The Walt Disney Company.

Written Inquiries:
Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions
P.O. Box 1342
Brentwood, NY 11717

Phone: 1-855-553-4763
Toll: 1-720-358-3605
Fax: 1-215-553-5402

Email: Disneyshareholder@broadridge.com

Overnight Mail:
Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions
1155 Long Island Avenue
Edgewood, NY 11717

Window Service:
400 North Brand Blvd., Suite 900
Glendale, CA 91203

Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time​

Do you have paper certificates? I'm guessing so since otherwise you'd probably just sell them through the broker holding the shares. With the paper certificates being discontinued, it's possible, maybe even probable, that you could sell them at a premium above the current stock price as a collector item. Ebay would be one option. Maybe check on the collectors board here on the DIS to see if someone there has a better idea for you.

Yes I am surprised anyone has stock certificates any longer. I have never seen any. I just buy/sell through Fidelity and they keep track of all of my shares.

Looking at DW's mounted Walt and gang certificate as I type. Really cool looking.

Yes I am surprised anyone has stock certificates any longer. I have never seen any. I just buy/sell through Fidelity and they keep track of all of my shares.
I have certificates for the 10 shares I purchased in 1987 (now 120 shares). But my wife has nothing for the 600 shares she has, but that is also in an IRA and were purchased about 5 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter