How do I make this work? Multiple credit cards on MDE

01Sweetpea

DIS Veteran
We are 4 adults (2 couples) staying 1 night at All-Star in May, room only reservation, then moving off-site for a few nights. I know all 4 of our names need to be on the reservation. We will also have 2 cars with us and will be driving to the parks each day due to our schedule. We already have park tickets. The room is already charged to my CC and paid in full. I need to update the reservation to add the cars.

Here are my questions:
- Since each couple will have a car, how do we link a car to each couple so each can take advantage of the free parking at the parks for both days?
- We'll be using EE on the first day, is it better to online check-in ahead of time?
- If everyone sets up their own MDE account, can each person have a different credit card # on their account? This way charges by that person go to THEIR cc?
- Since all our names are on the reservation, does that automatically link our MDE accounts?

Thanks!

We are 4 adults (2 couples) staying 1 night at All-Star in May, room only reservation, then moving off-site for a few nights. I know all 4 of our names need to be on the reservation. We will also have 2 cars with us and will be driving to the parks each day due to our schedule. We already have park tickets. The room is already charged to my CC and paid in full. I need to update the reservation to add the cars.

Here are my questions:
- Since each couple will have a car, how do we link a car to each couple so each can take advantage of the free parking at the parks for both days?
- We'll be using EE on the first day, is it better to online check-in ahead of time?
- If everyone sets up their own MDE account, can each person have a different credit card # on their account? This way charges by that person go to THEIR cc?
- Since all our names are on the reservation, does that automatically link our MDE accounts?

Thanks!
You don't need to modify your reservation to include your vehicles. Disney magically knows that you have a car and will charge the room account accordingly.

When going through the parking lot entrance, just have each driver scan their MB. It will show the CM that the driver is staying on property and each car will be waved thru without paying. This can be done even before going to your resort.

To do online check in, a CC must be attached. There is no way to add multiple credit cards to a room account until you visit the front desk at the resort where each individual can provide a CC and choose their own PIN.

The reservation does not automatically link to everyone's MDE unless the individual MDE accounts are linked through Friends & Family. IOW, I could be traveling with John and Mary Smith in one room but if John and Mary are not linked to my MDE via Friends & Family, they will not see the reservation under their own MDE accounts. Furthermore, I would not be able to order pre-arrival MBs for John & Mary or if they have MBs from a previous visit, they would not be linked to the room reservation. Lastly, once one person on the reservation links the reservation to their MDE, no one else can link the reservation to their MDE. They must do it via Friends & Family.

Cars aren't linked per se, drivers are. When you boop your MagicBand at the parking gates, they'll know you're a resort guest.

It's better to do online check-in ahead of time regardless of your plan to use EE.

In theory, if you visit the front desk. But it is notoriously unreliable and you might end up with the Primary guest getting charged for everybody's purchases. For a one-night stay and four adults, I would just plan on swiping your cards at each POS.

Before you do anything, add one another as Friends & Family in the MDE. Then, the primary guest should link the reservation to his or her account. At that time, he or she will select from drop-down menus to link the rest of the guests.

In theory, if you visit the front desk. But it is notoriously unreliable and you might end up with the Primary guest getting charged for everybody's purchases. For a one-night stay and four adults, I would just plan on swiping your cards at each POS.

Agree completely. Don't give Disney IT any extra chances to mess things up. Each party can just swipe as they go.

Cars aren't linked per se, drivers are. When you boop your MagicBand at the parking gates, they'll know you're a resort guest.

It's better to do online check-in ahead of time regardless of your plan to use EE.

Before you do anything, add one another as Friends & Family in the MDE. Then, the primary guest should link the reservation to his or her account. At that time, he or she will select from drop-down menus to link the rest of the guests.
Do we need Magic Bands? Would we be better off without them?

Agree completely. Don't give Disney IT any extra chances to mess things up. Each party can just swipe as they go.

If you have bands already, they'll work. I wouldn't buy them for just one night. MagicMobile on your phone should work.

Thanks everyone! I think the easiest thing to do is no MBs, no charging to the room, only credit cards, etc.

In the end, we’re family, no one is going to stiff the other. Just trying not to have everything on MY credit card. 😁

Thanks everyone! I think the easiest thing to do is no MBs, no charging to the room, only credit cards, etc.

In the end, we’re family, no one is going to stiff the other. Just trying not to have everything on MY credit card. 😁

You can still do online check in and set up a credit card for yourself, just don't share your pin. If anyone has old MBs they will work for LL and photos as well as admission.

They will charge parking for both cars to the room so you can figure that in when you split the actual room cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter