How do I get the best rate at AK or WL?

mom22boys

DIS Veteran
I have read that last fall AK and WL had rates of $129/night. We are planning a trip for this November and would love to stay at AK or WL, if we could afford it. Does any know if the rate of $129/night was an AP rate, Florida resident rate, or public code? Please let me know how to get the best deal!

Much thanks!
Jen

Generally the only rates that get that low are pin codes. Pin codes are sent out via e-mail, or you could call WDW at 1-800-828-0228 (thats the toll free number to their reservation department) and ask if you have a code attatched to your name. These codes are hard to get, theres nothing you can really do to increase your chances of getting one, however each year public codes may come out around May usually, AP codes around the end of March, and FL resident ones I think come out when AP codes come out. (I'm just generalizing that though based on the past year when I've paid attention.) Anyways best of luck finidng a good rate! The AP codes right now for the AKL savannah rooms can get you one for $220/night I believe if there are rooms still available. I think it was like $185 for standard rooms with the AP discount before tax as well.

AP rates were $100 off so that made regular season standard rooms$139. pins were getting it down in the 120's. standard room=parking lot view.

Remember, November is REGULAR season this year. Value season does not begin until the end (27th). So you can't really compare the rates of last November to this one. The rates, even at a discount will be higher. You could actually compare the November rates to the most recently released rates for May and June (AP). They would be the closest in range.

I've been able to get $129 a night at AKL in the past and it was an AP rate, but with all the advertising that is being done by Disney, I would imagine getting a rate that low again is pretty much a thing of the past. I do have to say though that I did receive an AP rate for next month for $155 for a standard view and that includes tax. Discounts for AP holders this year have not been as great as they have been in the past, but a $100 discount is better than no discount at all. :cool1:

mom22boys said:
I have read that last fall AK and WL had rates of $129/night. We are planning a trip for this November and would love to stay at AK or WL, if we could afford it. Does any know if the rate of $129/night was an AP rate, Florida resident rate, or public code? Please let me know how to get the best deal!

Much thanks!
Jen

It could have been an AP rate too. Last July (value season at the deluxes) I paid $114/night at WL. But seeing the rates that came out for May and June, I'm not sure if we could expect them to be so deeply discounted again. :(

I just paid $109 per night at AKL with AP discount in January. I'm curious of upcoming rates also since I'm planning Sept/Oct at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter