• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do I get my AP pin?

snowgooseltd

DIS Veteran
I've read, on this board, that there is an AP pin available. We've been AP holders for two years and been to WDW four times over the span and never received an AP pin. My daughter is heading down there in two weeks and also has an AP. Where does she go to get this pin? and can she get mine, as well? I still have the letter sent with the vouchers for our renewal. Will that be enough for her to get ours or do we have to do this ourselves? I could also let her take our actual APs with her. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks...

The AP pin and lanyard is given out at AK. Inside Island Merchantile. Just show your 2001 AP and they give you the AP. They may ask for the reciept as well but I did not have mine and still got the pin.

Thanks, Nat. I knew you would have the answer. Why isn't this information given out when you buy or renew an AP? We were just there in late April/early May.
By the way, your pictures of the smoke/fog were very revealing. We have a customer who is just back, Monday, and said that their car was covered in ashes and soot. She said breathing was difficult, yet at another park, everything was fine. I guess it depends which way the wind is blowing. Just how close is this fire? My daughter and two roomates are going down in two weeks, when school lets out. They're staying at AKL. Any sugestions for them? Thanks again...you should work there, you're such an expert!!

Your more than welcome... The only thing I can sugest is have a great time... It won't be to hard to do staying at the AKL. And enjoy the views.

I noticed you are from mass... What are you doing on the 27th? We are having a small meet here at my house and you are more than welcome.

I would love to meet you all and put faces to the names/ID's I've become familiar with. Unfortunately, my church has an annual yard sale over Memorial Day weekend and my husband and I have been a part of the set-up and pricing group for the last several years. It's a priority and responsibility so we can't join you. I've been following the posts concerning your meet for the last several weeks and I'm envious, but we'll have to catch you all next time. Thanks for thinking of us...

I didn't know anything about an AP pin at the Animal Kingdom. It would be nice if I could get one as well, but my AP has 2000 on it. It is still in effect, but I got it in 2000. Will that still work, or does it have to say 2001 on it?

Thanks, any info would be great!

We picked up our lanyards and pins today with no problem.
Our passes were purchased in 2001, but I don't think that matters.
They just want to see your valid annual passes and the bodies to go with them.:cool:

Thanks Eeyore's Pal!! I was hoping to find something out before we left! We leave Wednesday for only one day in the parks so time is of the essence.

Thanks again!!

Is there a special time limit that they will be giving the pins out? We have annual passes and our next trip is the end of August. To the best of anyone's knowledge will they sill be giving them out then?

Personally, I'm so mad I missed the last annual pass weekend that they gave pins away, if it looks like I might miss this one, I might just get on a plane to pick them up.

Must the AP be from 2001? We got ours in December 2000 and they are good until 2001. Will this get us the pin? I still have the receipt as well.

Anyone know?

getting the pass renewal pin. I had a very CONDESCENDING CM at AK Island Mercantile tell me that it was only for FL residents. He would NOT listen to my vocalization that I had heard it had been expanded to ALL AP renewals in April. He said I had to go talk to Guest Relations at the front of the park. That is where, after much discussion, I did get my pin...other non-Floridians have been much more lucky...so I hope you're in the latter category.

Gosh Suzanneb, that doesn't sound too good! I am wondering if I will be eligible at all because my AP has 2000 on it and not 2001, not to mention I am not a FLA resident. Do you (or does anyone) have any info on the 2000 Vs 2001 AP's? We leave tomorrow, any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

It seems like folks have had less trouble "lately"...but if I were you I'd renew the pass before going for the pin. The renewal date (your renewal "anniversary") will stay the same. The only problem would be paying for a renewal months before you need it...you WOULD still get a full year's worth out of it however.

I don't think I am ready to renew our pass yet. I may just have to miss out on that pin. Oh well... Thanks for all of your info though!

TXTink, I would go ahead and give it a try. We arrive Friday and I will still try. Hey, the worst thing that will happen is that they say no. If I know this in advance and I am prepared to be turned down, then I think I will try it anyway. We have two annual passes and it would sure be nice to have the pins considering we paid for the passes and all.

Iris, I think I may just do that! What do I have to loose? We will be in the parks this Friday, but just for one day. It is a fast trip, we added a day at Disney while we visit my niece for her high school graduation. I couldn't pass up seeing Spectomagic, Who wants to be a millionaire-play it, and pin trading! I will keep my fingers crossed that we both come home with that pin! If not, that's ok too! I plan on buying and trading all I can while we are there!

Hope you have fun! I just love the Boardwalk at night!!

My pass expires in July. I tried to renew it when I was there in May and they refused. The window for renewal is 30 days before to 30 days after. That is the only time they said they would sell me the renewal. So I have to wait until I go back in August to get my lanyard and pin. If they run out before August I WILL KILL SOMEONE!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter