• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do I find the restaurant?

kitkatsmom

Mouseketeer
I have booked various places to eat for our trip. Which has made me wonder if there are any websites or tools that will show me how to get to these places from my hotel.

We are staying at the port orleans. Some of the places were eating are in parks so that should be easy enough to find but many are in other hotels. I know that not all the buses, monorails etc go to every hotel etc.

I know the hotel will help us once were there but I wanted to know ahead of time so I can write it all down.
I've found the locations of the restaurants in the hotels/parks but can't find any transportation details on what's the best way to get to them from our hotel.

Any advice?
Thanks

Basically, to get to another resort from Port Orleans, you'll have to use either Downtown Disney or one of the parks as a "hub," and transfer to that resort's own transportation from there. There is no direct transportation from resort to resort, except for those on the monorail line or on Bay Lake.

Once you reach the resort, you'll find that most of the restaurants are located in the main buildings.

:teeth:

I have a feeling that if you list your restaurants, people will be happy to help you figure out the best way to get there. Most are in the main building of the hotel, as said. You'll want to check a map or ask the bell man if you go to Narcoossees.

We take a lot of cabs for resort to resort travel if we have dinner reservations at hotels. Especially when we are traveling to AKL - which is off the beaten track. It isn't too hard to get to most of the Deluxe hotels from a theme park (i.e. to get to Ohanas, go the the MK and take the resort monorail to the Poly), but if the parks are closed when you leave, it can be a pain to get back.

It is very easy to hop a bus and use either a park or DTD as a transfer station. We did this several times during our stay.

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.asp

OH THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

This was just what I was looking for.
I didn't want to wait to get down there and have to ask.. I wanted to know ahead of time how much time to set aside for travel etc.

Thank you!!!!!

You're welcome, you're welcome!

I noticed this will be your first trip to the World - you're going to love it!

It warms my heart to see people as excited about WDW as I am!

Have a great trip!

That is really cool!!!!

Keep in mind that that site factors in 5-10 minutes to wait for a bus - Disney tries to keep buses running on a 20 minute schedule. So if you have something that you can't be late for - or a trip on the edge of your tolerance - you might want to add a few extra minutes to each bus trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter