• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do I delete my account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadySiren

I'm with Suellen.
After finding out really just how unfriendly DIS is, I'd like to delete this account, rather than leaving it open. Anyone tell me how to go about doing this? Flames will be ignored; just tell me how to delete my DIS account so that I can go elsewhere.

No flames, just wanted to say I'm sorry you are unhappy here.

I'm sure someone will inform you on how to delete your account. You might want to send a PM to Webmastercorey.

I, personally, wish you happiness on whichever site you decide.

I don't know the answer to the question, but I'm sorry you feel this way.

I don't know your particular circumstances, but everyone is not unfriendly, I promise. :flower3:

There is not a way to delete an account. You simply just no longer use it. I am sorry that you have decided to leave us. We do have an overwhelming majority of wonderful and helpful posters and a few that choose not to be. It can be difficult to learn to overlook those.

I am moving this to the Tech Support Board where it belongs.

I am sad to hear that you want to leave this discussion board, I have no idea as to how to delete your account. I hope you will reconsider, there is so much to learn and for you to offer ideas and suggestions as well.

:hug:, hope you come back one day......

As I'm considering this....

First, go back through your post history - delete all posts. Yes, this will take time.
Second, change your EMAIL to an account like none@noplace.com.
Third, remove all personal information.
Forth, change your password to something close to 32 characters, upper/lower case, with special symbols.
Fifth, log out.

Now - I hope I'm WRONG about all this, and that the board has an honest account deletion mechanism.... all of the above will protect YOU, but it does not really help any database driven board :(. It leaves debris - which doesn't really help anyone :(.

As I'm considering this....

First, go back through your post history - delete all posts. Yes, this will take time.
Second, change your EMAIL to an account like none@noplace.com.
Third, remove all personal information.
Forth, change your password to something close to 32 characters, upper/lower case, with special symbols.
Fifth, log out.

Now - I hope I'm WRONG about all this, and that the board has an honest account deletion mechanism.... all of the above will protect YOU, but it does not really help any database driven board :(. It leaves debris - which doesn't really help anyone :(.
You realize you're answering a question from 5 years ago, right? OP (under this name anyway) hasn't been seen on the boards since July 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter