how do extended evening hours work?

Babsy

DIS Veteran
Do you need a park reservation for the park the the EEH are offered in? or can you hop to the park to go to EEH? Also, is it worth doing EEH if you can only stay for the first hour, as reg guests get in line just before park closing and create really long lines until they get through the line. Finally, are all rides open during EEH?

Thanks!!

If you have one park per day tickets, you need to have a reservation for the park with EEH. If you have hoppers, you can hop.

I found with MK, it cleared out after fireworks and the lines were manageable even before official park close.

One of the best parts of EEH is the 6pm VQ drops for TRON and GotG. I think even only doing an hour of EEH is worth it for those. The VQ slot time usually starts within the first hour. So you can do a couple rides, the VQ, and leave.

That sounds great! I hope that there is one while we are there. Four nights of the week have MVMCP! So many paid events! That only leaves three nights for the MK to have EEH....

We’re trying to figure EEH out too. Our trip’s with extended family so trying to guide them and the MK EEH is throwing a curveball for December. They’re staying Sat-Thurs. With the latest EEH updates I’m thinking MK/Wed might get replaced with AK/Thurs. Last year the EEH schedule for December was released mid-Sept. Hope we’ll know soon!

MK EEH is great because of the abundance of attractions, but bonus time is good no matter what park you are in.

One word of caution about Tron: I waited a good hour in line to ride it after my virtual queue was called -- time I could have gone on multiple attractions. If I have to wait, I would prefer it to be when I would be waiting no matter what I was riding.

After riding Tron I did get in one Mine Train ride, getting in line about a minute before park close. I then waited about 15 minutes to ride.

How far ahead does Disney announce the EEH? We are visiting mid January and it's hard to plan if we don't know which parks will have them.

That sounds great! I hope that there is one while we are there. Four nights of the week have MVMCP! So many paid events! That only leaves three nights for the MK to have EEH....
I would be shocked if mk had emh with the party season in full swing. I bet they have it at Epcot and or hs.

How far ahead does Disney announce the EEH? We are visiting mid January and it's hard to plan if we don't know which parks will have them.
About a month in advance sadly. We are waiting for our November trip right now to figure out our plans.

About a month in advance sadly. We are waiting for our November trip right now to figure out our plans.
When they announced that Hollywood Studios would have Extended Evening hours, they announced all the dates, but that was the exception. More recently, they haven't made any announcements and people have noticed what nights have Extended Evening hours when the WDW calendar was updated. Currently, the calendar is available through November 13 on the app.

When they announced that Hollywood Studios would have Extended Evening hours, they announced all the dates, but that was the exception. More recently, they haven't made any announcements and people have noticed what nights have Extended Evening hours when the WDW calendar was updated. Currently, the calendar is available through November 13 on the app.
That’s what we are doing. We arrive on the 12th

Yeah we can hope that at the first of the year things go back to a "schedule". But as it is I don't think we will see MK being EEH options with parties going on. The DHS option is a good fill in for Sept and Oct, but they are having their own event starting in Nov. Which leaves the AK option. which almost not even worth it. Already too few attraction there, but with a few key ones not being open to allow the animals their rest....

Of course AK at night is an attraction all it's own.

But makes it so tough to plan, when you don't know what is and isn't going on.

I don’t see the evening extra hours on the app for November. Is it at a different place than the hours calendar? It is hard to choose ADRs when you don’t even have park hours yet!

I don’t see the evening extra hours on the app for November. Is it at a different place than the hours calendar? It is hard to choose ADRs when you don’t even have park hours yet!
It's in the Park Hours & Info section. Under Park Hours, choose a date on the calendar, and if it has Extended Evening hours, they'll be listed under the hours for the park that has them.
For November 13, under EPCOT, it has :
9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Early Entry
8:30 AM to 9:00 AM
Extended Evening hours for the Guests of Disney Deluxe Resorts and other select hotels
9:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
Park Hopper Availability
2:00 PM to 9:00 PM

It's in the Park Hours & Info section. Under Park Hours, choose a date on the calendar, and if it has Extended Evening hours, they'll be listed under the hours for the park that has them.
For November 13, under EPCOT, it has :
9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Early Entry
8:30 AM to 9:00 AM
Extended Evening hours for the Guests of Disney Deluxe Resorts and other select hotels
9:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
Park Hopper Availability
2:00 PM to 9:00
Thank you! So there’s not a park open late each night then?

Thank you! So there’s not a park open late each night then?
Nope. It's almost always two nights a week. For a majority of the year (but not now during party season), it has been EPCOT on Monday and MK on Wednesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter