How Different Is F&W from Flower and Garden?

TiffFromTX

Mouseketeer
I'm considering an impromptu trip in the next two weeks because the world just needs to be shut out and i need my Disney bubble!

I've done F&W many times but not F&G. Since I'm not doing dining plans this time (meaning reservations), I'm thinking about just eating there.

Are there the same # of booths and meal type foods or is it much less? On DW's site it only showed 4 "outdoor kitchens" but on blogs it looks like more. Just curious.

I'm considering an impromptu trip in the next two weeks because the world just needs to be shut out and i need my Disney bubble!

I've done F&W many times but not F&G. Since I'm not doing dining plans this time (meaning reservations), I'm thinking about just eating there.

Are there the same # of booths and meal type foods or is it much less? On DW's site it only showed 4 "outdoor kitchens" but on blogs it looks like more. Just curious.
There are more than four. It feels like it’s close to the same number as F&W, but the food vibe is different. I would recommend searching for the thread about F&G to see if the menus interest you.

I don’t go to F&W anymore, but I love Epcot during F&G. If you haven’t been before, you should give it a try.

Download the Food & Wine app. It’s not a Disney app but is very useful for all the Epcot festivals. It will update to the current festival (F&G now) and list all the booths and all the offerings in all the booths. You can map them, mark the ones you’re most interested in, etc. It’s a great app!

Go! Have fun. Here are the booths with menus. It's a lot of booths way more than four. Go to DFB if you need more info.

Attachments

• 2023-EPCOT-Flower-and-Garden-Printables.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 14
Download the Food & Wine app. It’s not a Disney app but is very useful for all the Epcot festivals. It will update to the current festival (F&G now) and list all the booths and all the offerings in all the booths. You can map them, mark the ones you’re most interested in, etc. It’s a great app!
Thanks for the app suggestion!

EPCOT looks it's absolute best during Flower & Garden festival. When I think of EPCOT, all of the images in my mind are memories of what EPCOT looks like during F&G.

That said, I like the food options at Food & Wine more.

You will enjoy the festival. It doesn't feel all that different from F&W, so it is not a transformational experience or anything. If you like EPCOT festivals F&G is a good one.

My husband swears his allergies are much worse during the F&G and asked that we never travel in May again.

They have roughly the same number of offerings and a lot of the food offerings are the same from year to year, and they will occasionally switch things up and add a new booth or just rename the booth. I prefer F&G for the topiaries and gardening themes, but otherwise, I really do enjoy either festival. They're overall very similar. There are some different things that go along with the theming like the bambi butterfly house, more focus on gardening with the garden graze, eat certain foods/get stickers, get a glass, etc.

Do make sure you check out the F&G booth reviews by disney vloggers. They will add reviews and most times, they're all pretty accurate so we don't waste $ on food that's not very good. Every festival, no matter what festival, we avoid the Italy booth, it hasn't had good food in years. But we usually review that and see what we want to eat and what stands out to us.

My favorite Epcot Festival ~ simply beautiful!!! All the topiaries, some not even obvious. The flowers are everywhere and a great festival to go to "shut out the world". Food wise the offerings are good, there is not as many food kiosks as F&W. The plus is it's not so cluttered and shoulder to shoulder people because half the walkway is gone and lines are all over. There is a booklet for this festival as well you can get as you enter that has full menu and offerings.

We had a few offerings last week and every one were delicious. I highly recommend F&G over F&W!!! I try to go every year while I now try to avoid F&W.

F & G is my favorite festival and my absolute favorite time of year to visit!

Coming from New England, April is still kind of cold and gloomy. There is nothing like getting to EP and seeing all the beautiful flowers and topiaries...it just melts the winter-gloom right off of me! I think the food options are just as good as F & W too, IMHO.

Download the Food & Wine app.
This is great advice. I update the content on it every time there is a new festival even if I'm not going just to see what's on offer and wish I was there. It notes those items that have been favourites at previous festivals if it's a repeat offering and you can mark those you want to try when you're there. It also has a map so you can see where they are and the prices.

Yes another vote for the app! So fun. And as others have said, I prefer F&G. I absolutely love the topiaries... they are a perfect combo of beauty and Disney. And the smaller amount of booths makes it easier to actually try everything on your list in one or two days. I will say I didn't find the menus this year as exciting as previous years, but we still enjoyed trying things!

I like flower and garden better for the vibe. The food over the years imo has gone down hill. We caught the last Few days of f&w this past year. Wasn’t impressed at all. The one thing we liked was the mini funnel cake thing. We tried a lot of different stuff and as I type that is the only thing I remember. Just our opinion. I really like f&g. We will be there for it next year. We will also be there this year for f&w but will prob just walk around. Maybe try something new dessert wise but for dinner I’ll be enjoying myself over flying fish.

They used to be very different with all of the special events associated with F&W. Now that the food and wine pairing lunches and other events don't happen, they are very similar. The biggest difference now if F&G has all of the amazing topiaries. We used to go to F&G and F&W, now, we are only going to F&W, but we may change to F&G.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter