How different/important is view at CR?

CatOne

Mouseketeer
I realize this question might be a little difficult because it is personal preference but I have never stayed at this resort and I need some opinions. We are trying for Dec. of 2003 or perhaps 2004 depending on money:-) I am a single mom trying to swing this trip and I don't want to stare at a parking lot each morning but on our last trip we had an MK view from the GF. Beautiful!! But I wasn't paying for that one on my own. That will be hard to beat but the truth is my dd didn't really care and that is who this trip is really about. (mommy/dd trip) I don't think Tower is optional for me and I realize at the CR that is the only way to(possibly) have a castle view. So, in that case is there a huge difference between Garden and standard view? Thank you for all help!!

CatOne

CatOne, the view from your room is only important if you plan to spend a major portion of your trip sitting in your room. Since money is in question here, get the standard view room and don't think twice about it.

I stayed at the CR for the first time with my young daughter for Christmas of 2002. We fell in love with the resort (but not our room's color scheme, yuck). We had one of those great tower rooms with an MK view, but we so rarely spent any time in our room, the view didn't really matter. For my next CR stay, I think I will request a Bay Lake view instead. The MK view was not all that it was cracked up to be -- you saw the CR's parking lot before you saw Space Mountain or Cinderella's Castle. I do have some photos posted of that room's view, if you change your mind and want to consider a tower room. Click here for my main photo album.

Again, don't fret about your room's view. You'll be in WDW and nothing can compare to that. I hope you have a magical vacation.

hi ~ I was in your spot 5 years ago...for me I was newly divorced and traveling to disney with 2 DD's. I wanted the least expensive room on the monirail and i was put into the contemporary south garden wing room 5107. the best luck of the draw accomodations i could have asked for!!!! we Loved it! the pool is right outside of your room so I could unpack and the girls could go swimming(no slide till i was in reaching distance) and not have to wait on me. the patio is great because you have a "backdoor" entrance as well as a front door entrance. the room is LARGE. bigger than the GF. the water parade is a quick walk to the beach! even above all this our truley favorite parts of our cr stay's-4 in total- is the walking path to the MK and the food-n-fun center arcade. Beware it's addictive

Thanks gals!! I really needed that! I checkec out your pics Janet and I am hoping it will change or maybe I'll get a great deal and we could do tower but if not I'm GOING ANYWAY:-) My dd is really excited. She has no real concept of time yet so she doesn't realize how long I'll be saving for us to do this...but that's okay. It's something to look forward to!! Thanks again!!!

CatOne

I agree with Debbie. My favorite room at the resort was room 5111 that we got on our first trip. We spent the extra money this last trip to get a Tower room (a birthday present for my son), but I didn't really enjoy it that much. I would have much rather saved the extra $100 (we were there for only one night - if we had gotten a code it would have been an extra $150 saved), and spent it on something else. Enjoy your trip!

Okay, help me out. It is my understanding there are three room views at CR, Tower, Garden and Standard. Are the rooms in the wing that thegirls and MJames41 talking about Garden or Standard view? I am just trying to figure out what I will be asking for when I make my ressies. Thank you all for the help and encouragement. It is hard to beat the view from the GF we had the first time but I think it was a lot more important to me than it was to my dd. I am so glad I found this board!!

CatOne

catone~ when i went in august 2002 their was only 2 choices...tower or garden wing the break-up into garden/standard for the wing type is new. i would imagine the garden view would be the logoon and pool view and the standard view would be for the parking lot view...just a guess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter