How did your 3 year old do at the kids club?

chrisrunty

DIS Veteran
We are heading back on the Wonder next month and our DS is now 3. He liked the kids club just fine "with mom and dad" at 2 1/2 but not sure if he'll like being there while we try the Palo brunch. ;) Anyone have experience with their 3 year old in the kids club?

My 3-year-old beyond loved it. She is an older 3 and her sister went with her, but once she had been a few times she was begging to go back (sister or not!). And my older daughter would even head to the lab for a while at times and my 3-year-old was just fine with it.

She does not go to preschool and is home with me all day, so I just didn't know how she would respond to being "on her own" but she loved it! Every time we picked them up there was resistance--which was a good sign ;)

My dd(3) loved both clubs but the lab was surprisingly her favorite. She really enjoyed the science experiments and computer games:goodvibes

Thanks for the replies! He just started preschool today so hopefully this will help. :thumbsup2 He's not use to being away from mom. He'll be almost 3 1/2 by the time of the cruise, I really want him to enjoy some of the special activities they do in the kids club.

All kids are different- I hear so many that say their children LOVED it..Our dd was 4 last year (and we had her friend the same age traveling with us so she had a friend with her) and she loved the club but did not want to be left alone without us..Just 1 day for 2 hrs. she was alone- we would go and just sit in the corner- We sail again and she has already said that she wants to go to the clubs but doesn't want to be left alone- We will not leave her if she doesn't want us too- we enjoy time alone but enjoy time as a family even more..Good luck

Tentative the first day or two, but by the end of the cruise, didn't want to leave! Asked to go every day/night - in fact, some of the stuff they did looked like so much fun, I wish I could have gone! :-)

I was a stay at home mom and my twins only were with me or their grandparents. We took them on DCL for their 3rd birthdays and they did not do well in the clubs because they were not used to being with strangers. We took them again at 4 after they had been in preschool and did fine then.

Our first cruise he was 2 years and 10 months but they let him in because he was PTd, he loved it.

Our son was 3 years and 8 months on our first cruise and he LOVED the club! I too am a SAHM and he never was in daycare except for a few weeks when he was less than 6 months old. I was afraid that he would be hesitant to stay since he really never was away from me but he had a blast.

My daughter LOVED the kids club and after the first visit asked to go from the time she woke up in the morning until she went to bed....be sure to inquire as to whether they will do a "show" on the boat that all the kids take part in.

Our DD3 through a fit ... every time we tried to take her OUT of the club! She'd have been happy to spend the entire cruise in there. Our DD6 like the clubs, but liked to spend time with us ... but mostly she liked to spend time with her Grandma and Grandpa. We thought she just really missed them, but then we found it the real reason ... endless Mickey Bars :lmao:

We cruised with 3 year old DD in June and she was begging to go to the kid's club. She LOVED it. She only went about 3 times for about 1-2 hours at a time which I think (for her) was perfect. We just booked a cruise for November and I'll probably put her in the club more often.

Ours is a little over 2.5. She can go potty but sometimes needs to be reminded. I don't want her to be bored in Flounders. She goes to daycare full-time. How do you know if they will let them in? Or have you split time between the club and flounders?

This really depends on your child.

DD #2 turned four on embarkation day. She'd been in preschool before and knew what it was like to be without mom an dad. Even with her big sister (7 yo) for company she hated the Club. DH and I actually had to cancel our Palo reservation 15 minutes beforehand because we simply couldn't get her to go back for even a short period of time.

You could stop by the club every hour or two to make sure he uses the potty. The bathrooms are right inside the club and very accessible for little ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter