• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How did you make the big move?

PaulaVonSchweetz

Mouseketeer
So, my 10 year plan includes a move down to the Orlando area. I have decided that we just love being down there so much, and would very much like to make it our new forever home one day.
We would be a transfer from the Northeast, so I'm kind of loving the idea of no snowstorms!
I would like feedback from others that have moved their families down to the area.
Did you just wing it?
How was your transition?
Do you find that you frequent Disney World more often now?
Any regrets?

Lets Chat!!

My husband came back from our most recent trip waxing poetic about moving closer to our favorite place. Don't know if it's in the cards for us, but I'm interested too in the experiences of others.

I live in South Florida, and fair warning-- we don't have snowstorms, which is awesome. But homeowner's insurance rates are through the roof from the possibility of hurricanes.

We've considered moving as well...from NY, so it would be a big change. As much as we love disneyworld, we don't want FL. So we're considering the Carolinas. Good thread, I'm interested to see others experiences.

We almost moved from California to Florida in 2006. (Note: we moved from NJ to California in 2000). I started checking insurances (car, homeowners, etc). The insurance carrier I have now, for over 35 years, didn't offer any kind of hurricane/flood insurance any longer. They would offer homeowners but was told that you have to have the hurricane/flood coverage too. Our car insurance would almost triple, which shocked me. On the other hand, many of my neighbors from my old neighborhood in NJ retired in Florida and are doing just fine.

I moved down from Atlanta 13 years ago. It was a big decision, but I'm so happy that I did it. Disney is still just as magical, we have annual passes and go to the parks a lot (except when it is super busy), the water parks are our pools, resorts are a nice place to go stay for a night or two for a stay-cation.... It's great! We love our neighborhood, Celebration, and the school is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter