How did you first learn about the Disboards? (2023 edition)

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
How did you first learn about the Disboards? (2023 edition). I know a similar thread has been done in the past but it seems we have had more people joining every month for the last couple of years (which is great :-) ) and I'm curious if they have found the Dis by word of mouth or just randomly while searching for Disney information. Welcome to all newbies. :welcome:

I don't remember if I heard about DISboards from The Unofficial Guide or if I heard about The Unofficial Guide from DISboards! I believe I read the book first and it recommended some Disney planning websites, but that was a long time ago!

My gf at the time and myself were making the brave move of going on holiday together across the Atlantic to Orlando Florida so naturally we migrate towards the Theme Park and Attractions board (or whatever it's called!). From there I got interested in the Debates Board until that shut down and since then I have enjoyed the good natured humour of the Community Board!

I was a follower of Dave's Disney Cruise Line Tribute page. My travel agent told me about it in 2001. Dave had a link to the DIS Cruise Board, which for about a year I thought was part of Dave's page. I finally figured out it was a link. Miss Dave's page, it was awesome I didn't join the DIS until 2003. Remember, 20 years ago the Internet was a much scarier place and I wasn't about to sign up for any website and give them my information. I mean, at my work we only had Internet access then on one computer, in a place where everyone could see what website you were on. And you had to log every website you went to and why.
Dave's website went dark in 2007
photo.png

Like another post, I believe I heard about
the Dis from the Unofficial Guide or something like it.
In 2004 i was planning our first trip since our honeymoon in 1994.
I was so thankful for all of the great advice!
The planning boards $aved u$ $o much money 💰!
I migrated over to the Community board eventually 👍.

About 12 years ago, doing research for an upcoming trip. Found the site and lurked for a while before joining. Theme park strategies thread was a goldmine of knowledge.

After a 2002 trip I learned WDW was a different beast than I previously remembered. (I tried to get into Le Cellier as a walk up and learned that was laughable.)

I originally was a Tour Guide Mike follower, but when he had to step back for personal reasons I learned of the Disboards. This was around 2010-11 timeframe. I lurked for a long time then finally joined in 2012.

Took years to migrate to the community board … I was called a troll in my first CB post, lol. I clapped back since I had been a regular poster on WDW Trip Planning boards. Never looked back! 😊

I don't really remember specifically. I just know that I have been hanging out on message boards for at least 20 years :rotfl2: This one ended up on my rotation somehow. This is the only one that I still use as most of the others are not really active or no longer exist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter