• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How did you come up with your DIS username?

My name is Wendy (& also, coincidentally, a Disney character), &, at the time I registered, I was 31.

I'm still Wendy.

Just no longer 31.

r = DH's first initial
s = my first initial
z = DS's first initial
d = first initial of our last name
trvl = we were planning our first trip to Disneyland, aka : traveling

rszdtrvl

Parts of my first and last names and my birthday, but I was smitch425 on a sports forum long before joining here. :goodvibes

We were really into pin trading when I joined the Dis. I had a huge collection of Tink pins and I live in Austin. So there ya go.

I know this has been asked a lot (in the 14 years I've been a member) but it is fun to read everyone's replies and there seems to be some newbies here on the community board. :goodvibes I have Kitty 34 because my nickname is Kitty and my oldest son registered me back in 2000 and put the #34 after my name because it was his basketball jersey's number. Ironically that oldest son is now 34!!!! :dance3: Your turn.......:)
It is what I became 12 years ago.

Just use the same username I have on a lot of forums. Should have thought of something more Disney-ish, but didn't know I would stick around this long, lol.

When I first registered, many years ago, I lived in Oregon and had 4 kids.

Things have changed since then--we have moved and we had two more kids!

I suppose I should change my user name to FLMom2Six but I don't want to change the name I was "born" into the DIS boards with ;)

My username used to be my last name. I just changed the spelling.

As simple and common as it is/was, no one ever spelled it right, anyway.

Interesting thread! I've always wondered about some of the usernames on here.

When I first joined the DIS, I was planning a trip to WDW, and since this is a Disney forum, I figured my username should reflect my love of Disney. However, we love visiting all parts of Florida, not just WDW. Also, back when I joined, we were pretty sure that we'd end up retiring to Florida. So, I chose luvflorida for my username.

It can be confusing, though, because I know some people have thought I live in Florida. It was especially confusing when I was in Maine and posting about snow!

So, I love Florida, but I'm from Maine and now living in Arizona! Maybe I should change my username to luvFloMaAr!

I become crazelion because on the voltron boards all the other names was taken. Plus easy to remember and not taken most of the time.

I used to post as Ursula on one major Disney board and a few minor ones. When I found this board, I thought this was such a WDW-centered board that I didn't join. I'm a Disneyland person, but I've been to WDW a few times.

When I did join eventually, Ursula was taken, so I had to think of something clever about me. I collect handbags, so this just came to be. I really like it and the Husband thinks it makes me sound homeless.

I belong to a historical re-creation organization, and Olwyn is the name I go by in the group. GDH (Great Dark Horde) is the household I belong to in that organization. There have been times in my life when I was very active that I answered to Olwyn faster than I answered to my given name.

Why Olwyn? It was the name of my Grandfather's little sister who died of a "broken heart" 6 months after the Great Flu Epidemic in which they lost their mother. Grandpa always said I reminded him of her. And yes, her death certificate lists cause of death as "broken heart."

Interesting thread! I've always wondered about some of the usernames on here.

When I first joined the DIS, I was planning a trip to WDW, and since this is a Disney forum, I figured my username should reflect my love of Disney. However, we love visiting all parts of Florida, not just WDW. Also, back when I joined, we were pretty sure that we'd end up retiring to Florida. So, I chose luvflorida for my username.

It can be confusing, though, because I know some people have thought I live in Florida. It was especially confusing when I was in Maine and posting about snow!

So, I love Florida, but I'm from Maine and now living in
Arizona! Maybe I should change my username to luvFloMaAr!

I read ya! Some here thought Ned Flanders. ;)

I'm the little girl from Song of the South. I dunno why I picked it, probably because I thought at the DisBoards I should have a Disney Name but figured all the more known characters would be taken.

Though it's pretty funny how often people think that's my real name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter