How did I miss out on Free Dining?!?!?

Gotta Love Eeyore

Mouseketeer
Started trying around 11am today and found that all mods and deluxes booked for 9/20-9/26. Really?!?!?

My first mistake was to assume today was the release for Visa holders only. I have never had everything gone in 5 hours!!!

Sad.

Wonder why the Visa card holders didn't get an advance priority on this?

Started trying around 11am today and found that all mods and deluxes booked for 9/20-9/26. Really?!?!?

I see availability in Free Dining 9/20 - 9/26 for:

Polynesian (club only)
Contemporary (club only)
Animal Kingdom (club only)
Grand Floridian (club only)
Yacht Club
Saratoga Springs
Boardwalk (club only)
Old Key West
Coronado Springs (King/Business only)

If you move to 9/19 - 9/25, Beach Club pops up.

So it's pretty picked over, but it's not completely sold out. Keep checking back. Things are fluid.

We always stay at pofq now so we will b paying for our dining plan. Keep trying maybe something will open up for you.

I think some resorts were fairly full so they they only had promotions for the "higher end" rooms. They use promos to fill up the resorts. I was on at 5:30a looking at the same week and mods and deluxe were gone is standard and garden/pool view rooms. Even the RO promo for that week shows the same rooms and levels.

My first mistake was to assume today was the release for Visa holders only. I have never had everything gone in 5 hours!!!

Sad.

There is also a Late Summer Room Only discount for your dates & depending on how many in your party, it may be a better discount than FD if you stay at a Deluxe.

Also, check back in about a week when the 7-day holds will be coming off...I expect things to open up then.

Same thing for us. We were going sept 19-26 and everything within a reasonable price was not available. I finally just booked a second reservation for sept 12-19 as things were open for that week but unfortunately that means I was late on making dining reservations and didn't get the ONE ADR my husband wanted.

did you actually call and get through and talk to a person?

the website is very glitchy to begin with so when everyone and their mom are trying to book a trip or modify a trip the website crashes and says crazy things like there's no availability for an offer when there is.

i just had to explain this to my sister who was trying to book online.

i told her to call.

she said she couldn't get through.

i told her to just sit there and hit redial over and over and she'd get through.

guess what? she got through and booked and got what she wanted even though the website said it was unavailable.

did you actually call and get through and talk to a person?

the website is very glitchy to begin with so when everyone and their mom are trying to book a trip or modify a trip the website crashes and says crazy things like there's no availability for an offer when there is.

i just had to explain this to my sister who was trying to book online.

i told her to call.

she said she couldn't get through.

i told her to just sit there and hit redial over and over and she'd get through.

guess what? she got through and booked and got what she wanted even though the website said it was unavailable.

I'm glad she got what she wanted. Many people waited on the phones for hours and weren't able to get anything they wanted. It's not much of a deal if you have to upgrade from a mod to CL deluxe room. From everything I read, it sounded like a cluster****. If Disney is really trying to wean people off discounts, go with the Stay, Play, & Dine discount.

There is also a Late Summer Room Only discount for your dates & depending on how many in your party, it may be a better discount than FD if you stay at a Deluxe.

Also, check back in about a week when the 7-day holds will be coming off...I expect things to open up then.

You mentioned 7 day hold... What exactly is that? Thanks in advance!

Same thing for us. We were going sept 19-26 and everything within a reasonable price was not available. I finally just booked a second reservation for sept 12-19 as things were open for that week but unfortunately that means I was late on making dining reservations and didn't get the ONE ADR my husband wanted.
Just curious- which ADR?

ohana dinner
He loves the bread pudding

Don't base your decision on something like this. Ohana has things open up all the time (it's not BOG), you may have to eat a bit later than the normal dinner hour, but if you're diligent about checking in the mornings online, you'll eventually get something. Even if it's right before your trip. Remember there is a 24 hour cancellation policy so you can almost always land something 24-48 hours out. I do it ALL the time at ohana specifically (I also love the bread pudding!)...I live in Orlando :)

It's eeeaaaarrrllly. Keep checking for the ADR. You will get it. It's a long way away. People will be dumping them since they have had to move room bookings due to FD. I'm reading a lot of people moving reservations.

I orginally had my vacation set for sept 19-26 and was able to get our Adr for Ohana on sept 20
Since I couldn't get the free dining for those dates I had to change our reservation and did so for sept 12-19 but couldn't get Ohana
I decided to strategically change our reservations for sept 14-21 and still get the free dining and was able to keep our sept 20 adr for ohana. Oh the things you will do for your DH!!

I'm happy that we had to change our reservation. Its a whole 5 days less that we have to wait to arrive!!!

Sad.
I was online at 5:30am, 1 hour after the promo went live. I got exactly what I wanted for November, but from what I saw, people were saying even then that September was slim pickings from the start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter