How did Anson Mount get the role of Black Bolt in Marvel's Inhumans?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I didn't even know who Anson Mount was until I saw Youtube videos of him in Marvel's Inhumans and when I saw him as Black Bolt I wondered how Anson got the role as Black Bolt because he did an awesome job in Marvel's Inhumans. I know Anson Mount went on to be in Star Trek Strange New Worlds on Paramount+ and i'm curious if he did other shows before Marvel's Inhumans? Because I know Anson Mount was in the movie Crossroads with Britney Spears and was that his movie debut. I also noticed something shocking that I think Marvel did when they made Inhumans for ABC and when I noticed this it had me wonder. I think Black Bolt was inspired by a former Southern California weatherman named Lloyd Lindsay Young because if you look him up on Youtube you will see that Lloyd yells loud like Black Bolt and I think that's who Marvel inspired Black Bolt's powerful yell after

!!! Oh my goodness !!!,
I never knew Anson Mount was so famous before becoming Black Bolt on Marvel's Inhumans and he has really become a huge household name on Star Trek Strange New Worlds. I didn't even know who Anson Mount was until I saw Black Bolt's Bleacher Creatures Plushie that I started researching about Black Bolt and Anson Mount and found Anson Mount so cute and I don't know why Marvel chose Black Bolt to be so cute. Sadly I never got my Black Bolt Plushie because he was sold out so I settled for an action figure of him and I LOVE it so much. But here's something surprising about Anson Mount that may shock you. Listen to the Star Trek Strange New Worlds soundtrack and you'll get to hear Black Bolt sing and when I heard Black Bolt sing I was surprised as heck because Anson Mount has a marvelous singing voice too

His breakthrough role was as the central character in the AMC western series, Hell on Wheels. That success led to the Inhumans role. But when Inhumans bombed, things kind of stagnated until until the Star Trek role came along.

Not sure if he is still a professor in the Theater Department at Columbia University, but he was still teaching and starring in Hell on Wheels at the same time. As to the singing, sometimes we forget most actors come up through musical theater in high school and college. They have a background in singing, dancing and comedy, even if they end up as action stars or villains.

For instance, ...

Anson Mount was a professor at a university before acting? I find that hard to believe because some stars actually did have actual careers before acting like Ken Jeong of the ABC sitcom Dr. Ken was an actual doctor before becoming an actor. I do remember seeing that AMC western show because my mom liked Anson Mount and didn't know who he was and when I told her about Anson Mount she liked him too

My son is an actor. Only 2% of actors can make a living on acting alone. 98% supplement their income with other jobs. My son has 2 jobs with flexibility that allow him to take time off for auditions and booked jobs.

Anson Mount was a professor at a university before acting?

He may still be. He teaches...acting.

On a side note, when I went to USC, one of the acting instructors who taught there was Nina Foch, a legendary actress with more than 60 years in Hollywood, taught acting there (se was in everything from The Ten Commandments to NCIS). She was highly charismatic and beloved but most of us non-actiing students knew her because driving skills around campus were terrifying (often compared to Cruella DeVille). I'm told the university eventually hired her a driver.

You may be surprised how many actors have "side-hustles" (beyond celebrities selling their brand). I once met Donal Logue while he was making deliveries for his trucking business. He had already done dozens of movies and starred in several TV shows by that point, but he said he never knows when/if the next role will come, and the trucking business was a guaranteed income plus it kept him busy and sane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter