• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How did 2020 work out for you?

From 1(worst) to 10(best) how would you rank 2020?

• 1 (worst year ever)

Votes: 10 6.1%

Votes: 20 12.3%

Votes: 41 25.2%

Votes: 25 15.3%
  • 5 (average year)

Votes: 20 12.3%

Votes: 11 6.7%

Votes: 17 10.4%

Votes: 14 8.6%

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 10 (best year ever)

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
Average Year due to being retired for a number of years. That fact in and of itself created for us the need to live a low maintenance and cautious lifestyle. Not into dining out, parties, movies, socializing, driving around to kill time ..... in other words BORING. Have no issues wearing a mask for my benefit or to respect other people's feelings/health concerns.

Not the worst year by far... Personally it went decent for me. I am kind of an introvert I guess, so the whole social distancing thing, working from home for a few months, and lack of things to do "going out" actually was kind of a benefit.

I hate what this whole pandemic has done to the world however. I hope this vaccine brings it to an end quickly.

Went good for me as my job was already remotely and because i had two jobs so the physical one that one was welding beads research, didn't impacted much when it went because of covid. So far it went fine

Missed this one.

2020 was average, maybe a little more. I had to cancel the summer plans I had. I was one of maybe 8 that weren't laid off (2 weeks). I made about twice my income but that's because of overtime so I spent a lot of time at work and not at home. It did allow me to finally get caught up from 5 years ago when I had $5 to my name and a junk car and clothes. No raises last year nor this year even though we are so slammed because of social distancing and everyone packing into the stores to buy landscape product while they screamed for everyone to stay home except for essentials.

Somewhere in the middle. There was a lot disappointment in the things cancelled and missed. But also amazing life changing events... We bought a new house, I began my career as an RN smack dab in the middle of a global pandemic 😩😩😩😂💪🏻

2014, our first child graduated high school and went away to college and my wife's mother died. 2010 my gallbladder had to come out and I had complications that left me exhausted for 3 months. 2020? Eh.

I gave it a 3. I think it has been my worst year yet, but I didn't have it nearly as bad as others. No job loss, no premature deaths (a few non-Covid deaths of old/sick extended family members). Though my dad did come close in February when he had a massive heart attack. A whole lot of anxiety, stress, and disappointment throughout the year, though.

I’d have to say worst yr. well first the virus for the whole year with no hopes of anything. Then the collapse came at the end. Oct I had a cousin die that’s my age. End of oct got the word my mom wasn’t doing good and we should plan on saying our goodbyes beginning of nov DH was DXed with Covid he was just getting his engery back when my mom passed. Beginning of dec my close friends hubby died. None was from Covid and the virus keeps hanging on.

I had a roof over my head, clean clothes to wear, and plenty of food to eat for all of 2020. I lost no loved ones. It was not an easy year, but when all is said and done, I was blessed.

2020 was a good year for us overall. There were downsides, of course, including the loss of MIL in May (not from Covid -- she was 93 and on borrowed time).

However DW retired in April, DD started college in the Fall (actually in late summer) and is doing great, we have had no major health issues. We had to cancel our bucket-list, Happy Retirement trip to Alaska, but we'll probably do that in 2022. We did a few short getaways, including a long weekend to celebrate our 25th anniversary in October.

Financially it was a very good year for us, although it certainly had some drama. I was proven to be a stock-market genius (like everyone else who was invested), and since we couldn't spend much money, we saved a good bit. We're both retired now, with secure incomes, so we know what our income will be without concern.

We've all been in good health, we have a lovely home that we never get tired of -- nothing really to complain about.

2019 and 2021 thus far were much more difficult. We had a couple of canceled trips and dog shows stopped but didn't mind the few months at home ( have jobs that are considered essential by the DOD so we were back In the office before summer). Didn't miss eating out or any of that. Missed time with my grandbaby that I can not get back but that would likely have happened anyway so all in all it was not so bad.

Aside from it being a weird time it was basically OK for me. I'm retired and didn't have any plans for any travel that year. I moved into a new apartment in a large apartment building for seniors. I moved in on a Saturday and the very next day everything shut down because of Covid19. The common areas were closed off and I being one of the youngest old people in here was more active and able to get in my car and if nothing else just go for a ride. However, I am just now starting to get to meet some of my neighbors since all of us that can get vaccinated in the building, have been vaccinated. The common areas are still not open along with the pool, library, group activity rooms, barbershop and exercise room as well.

Financially, things went ok. My retirement accounts stayed very stable, thankfully. Because of the restrictions set in place expenditures were way down comparatively. The ending of the year ended up much more positive since I could once again visit my children and grandchildren among other things. I had a Pacemaker installed that gave me back a whole lot of energy that my irregular heart beat had taken away. I'm still a little worried about the state of the nation, but like everything else, this to shall calm down. So, I'm glad that things are starting to open up again, frustrated at those people that are either to chicken to get the vaccine and help end this stuff or are believing the wrong people about it. I can't control that so, I will continue to be optimistic and plan for the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter