How crowded with Easter Day be?

Nik's Mom

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Even though we are deluxe annual passholders, we've never been on a holiday. We're thinking of going on Easter Sunday. How do you all think crowds will be?

First, make sure it's not a blockout day (I can't imagine it's not, but I might be wrong). It will be like this: :crowded: .

We are currently just finishing up at Disneyland, we went on April 9th/11th/12th and it was **PACKED**.. We used early entry today and got to see quite a bit before the park got crazy.. By 10am there was 90 minute waits on pretty much everything. Then Space Mountain never opened until noon because of technical difficulties, it opened around noon and by 12:30 there was a 60 minute wait.. This week they have had quite a few problems with the ride. Indiana Jones broke down around 9pm last night and never reopened, then the Monorail went down, they have also been opening and closing Thunder Mountain too all week.. Imagine your worst nightmare at disney, triple it and then wait in a 60 minute line just to expierience it LOL..

Robb

iceskatejen said:
First, make sure it's not a blockout day (I can't imagine it's not, but I might be wrong). It will be like this: :crowded: .
I am doing this after i read your response :rotfl:

I would imagine that the park will be super busy.

Never been there on the actual holiday, but been there the week before and the week after..... I have to say I don't wan't to do that again. The lines were so long, and it was very hard to even walk thru the park.
HOwever, that being said, I LOVE DL, and if it was the only time I could go, I would be there. I would just tell myself ahead of time, that I am going to have long waits, and just make the best of it....

It will be VERY busy. It's spring break for many schools.

Woody

Was just there on Thursday (4/13) evening and it really was :crowded: and :crazy2: . I can't imagine it being any better on Easter Sunday. Still planning on putting in a few hours at the resort though...maybe DCA.

Well, I was working today at club buzz, and the line for the matterhorn was 50 minutes. It went around the mountain, and then some; So im guessing tommorow is going to be just as bad...

we are here now staying at the DLH and yesterday we went to universal when it opened and the park was dead. we did the whole park, walked right on the rides and we were done by 4pm. Then the park was filling up and was very crowded by the time we were walking out the gate at 4:30pm. we got back to our room and found our bathroom flooded. we were moved to bonita tower from marina tower and we were told that the DLH rooms are only filled to 90%. That this weekend and coming week are at their lowest capacity.

we will see if the parks will be crowed today.we are going when the park opens.

did anyone use DVC points to book their stay? I asked the front desk about the " stay 4 or more days "and receive a $150 GC and since its the weekend they have to wait untill monday to call DVC to see if we used the required amount of points for our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter