How Crowded will MK be to view the 4th of July fireworks on July 3?

jodeeb

Mouseketeer
We are planning to be in EPCOT during the day on the July 3rd then going to MK for the evening to see the Celebrate America 4th of July fireworks. How crowded will it be? Where is a good place to view them?

It is packed. I have been there, done that! It is well worth it, but it is wall to wall people.

It will be crowded even on July 3.

We have been a few times and have always stood in the middle of Main Street near Casey's and Plaza Ice Cream. it gives great view of the fireworks behind castle, the imagery on the castle and the ability to turn around and look behind you for the 360 effect parts.

Be prepared to wait ahead of time holding your spot, this definitely isn't a walk up later and find a spot situation. Also, more than once, we have had to wait it out even longer for rain delays. They will happen, it is just a matter of how long past the original start time you have to wait.

It is crowded but we've always managed well including spending day doing many rides, and definitely worth having the unique experience.

Last edited:

We went last year and it was packed. Wall to wall people. We did the desert party and I was extremely happy we did. Such a fun time of year to go, I wish we were going again this year!

Last year we watched the fireworks on 7/3 from Poly, then I headed into MK around an hour after the show (MK closed at 11pm with EMHs 11pm-1am). Main Street was still unbelievably crowded at that point. The EMH time was quite crowded as well, from my perspective.

FYI, this year the park is open until 12am with 12am-2am EMHs.

Pack your patience and have fun! Still love the vibe, despite the crowds.

We ate at Chef Mickey's and watched the fireworks from a balcony at the Contemporary afterwards ... either the 3rd or 4th, I forget which. Best option for us at the time (there were 9 of us aged 2 through 80)

Are July 3/4 fireworks at MK, that much better than regular MK fireworks or MVMCP fireworks? Trying to see if it is worth the crowds.

We have watched them by iasw and the bridge by beasts castle. Great spots out of the crowd. Epcot on the other hand is crazy on the 4th. No crowd control . We watched right by international gateway , then had drinks at yacht club before uboring back to pop. Didn't want to stand in bus lines

We actually booked our last night at Yacht Club, so we can just walk back after Illuminations.

2BEB79AF-E0F8-4079-9EE1-FFAFC0D4E15A.jpeg Went last year on the 3rd. As others have said it was wall to wall people but manageable. We grabbed our spot around 7pm. Here’s a pic taken at “the hump” around 8:40pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter