• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How could they?!!

Pats Dragon

DIS Veteran
For the first time since 1971 I can't make dining reservations! Supposedly the system is down. After several horrible snafus anyway maybe ts is not the way to go. Very disappointing though.

Try calling again. I just made all of our reservations via phone with no issues. Just a little bit slow. Online wasn't fully working for me, but the phone was fine.

Strange? I made 3 online reservations this morning just after 6:00 AM. Keep trying.

From my experience planning our April trip, it seems completely normal for the dining computer system to often be glitchy/overwhelmed/dead. When it was really bad, they would take the phones offline as well.

I'm sure Disney IT is working on the problem and will have it resolved shortly!
no_idea_dog.jpg

I am also having trouble making reservations. When I call they tell me they are undergoing magical enhancements and can't make reservations right now. I've been up since 4am trying to get just 2 reservations!

When I maki our reservations for September I couldn't do anything online or through the app, and the systems were giving the poor cast members a hard time too. I ended up having to call back a few times to get them all....

Just because some people get through at 6am doesn't mean the system is still working for others at 6:15am. Honestly..it goes down almost every day at least once, usually several times a day. It's been this way for so long it's almost comical.

I am also having trouble making reservations. When I call they tell me they are undergoing magical enhancements and can't make reservations right now. I've been up since 4am trying to get just 2 reservations!

I had to call this morning too and was told the same thing. She did say that the system should be back up by this afternoon.

Yup. Just tried to modify a DR and was told that the system is down.

tech_support_demotivational_poster_1214376672-s640x607-97899.jpg

Yup....same issues here. I was up at 5 a.m. with my schedule and tea in hand. I've been trying every 15 minutes to book something. I called in at 7 a.m. (waited 25 minutes) and she said the system was down. So, it's kind of strange that some people could get in and others are still waiting. I wonder if they have some kind of feature built into the system that only allows so many people at a time to be able to get in? It wouldn't surprise me. So here I sit...now 4 1/2 hour later still trying! I'll let you all know when I can get in. Any updates appreciated!

So....called again...at another users suggestion. Got the same story....down for enhancements! Now I can't even open MDE at all! Before, I could at least get to the reservations page. So it's 10:30 a.m. been on since 5 a.m. My daughter says you have to take time off just to plan the vacation these days! Crazy!

I logged into MDE around 5:45 am Eastern as I was checking to see if they had brunch times listed for Chef Mickey's yet since today was the start of being able to book them. Not only was brunch an option but I was able to book it at that time and found several late breakfast times as well that hadn't previously shown up for me. All just before 6:00 am, it must have crashed shortly thereafter.

Today is a busy day with it being their 24 hour day and also the first day that brunch can be booked for Chef Mickey's.

I just booked something now so hopefully it will work for you now too!

Hope you're able to get what you want!

Thanks...nothing still. There is a message saying there is a problem booking reservations right now. I am completely confounded as to why some people can book. It makes no sense to me. Either the system is up or down. How can it be partially up?

For the first time since 1971 I can't make dining reservations! . . .

1) The new system is pretty crappy.
2) Management keeps saying it is G-R-E-A-T.
3) We tell them to stop the Tony-The-Tiger routine and fix the darn thing.
4) It drives most of us NUTSO.
5) You should see how irritated the SEATERS and SERVERS get at the eateries when the system dies.
6) And, the system goes down often - frequently several times during the same day!

NOTE: If you are ever at a WDW eatery and the slip on your table is hand-written (not computer generated), you know the system is down.

1) The new system is pretty crappy.
2) Management keeps saying it is G-R-E-A-T.

For those already here on the internets venting, take five minutes and send a quick email to

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

On our last trip we were trying to book an ADR for the next night. App didn't work, kept getting some error message. Next morning, same error message. Tried calling, couldn't even get through on WDW-DINE. So I sent a quick email that the dining system was down and I couldn't book an ADR and how frustrated I was. While we were out, we received a phone message on the room phone (at CSR), saying to come to the lobby if I was still having ADR issues.

Luckily the place we wanted to go (Grand Floridian Cafe) was not busy, as expected, and we were able to walk right in. I never went to the lobby, because we didn't need any more ADRs at that point. But maybe if Disney gets more complaints, they might work harder making the system more reliable, because the poor guy trying to keep the system up needs some help:

monkey21.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter