How Corny is Hoop de Doo?

It’s as Corny as an Orville Redenbacher warehouse…maybe even more 😜

We did HDDR back in Dec and absolutely loved it! I decided to make my life easier and use a Minnie Van to/from since they can drop off much closer. We were at BWV and it took 20ish min or so to get there; totally worth the cost for the 3 of us.
Where were you dropped off? Did you have to take the internal FW bus?

two words: bottomless. sangria.

went with my friends post-marathon and had a great time. food was fantastic. not sure what the vegetarian or vegan options would be, but my pescatarian friend was brought salmon. show was funny and interactive and we had a blast.

did I mention the bottomless sangria?????

at the bus depot near Hoop. it is a short walk but from a different direction than the boat dock. depot will be first stop in the Fort. that yellow bus is one of the internal buses so you will need no other bus
Thank you!

Were you on property? That seems like alot of money to go a few miles.
We were staying at BWV. Using a Minnie Van is at least a $25 surcharge, but it can save a lot of time as MVs can go places on property that a regular Uber/Lyft cannot. It's also much faster than using buses.

We were staying at BWV. Using a Minnie Van is at least a $25 surcharge, but it can save a lot of time as MVs can go places on property that a regular Uber/Lyft cannot. It's also much faster than using buses.
Thanks for the info!

DH and I are coming to Disney for what is basically some R&R, not really a parks trip. Since we have plenty of time, I am considering "other" things to do that are Disney-themed-related but won't involve the parks. I've always been curious about Hoop de Doo. DH is not the hugest Disney fan, but he does love slapstick humor and comedy in general. How corny IS HDD? I'm trying to decide if he might enjoy it or if it'll be a waste of time and money for us. Thanks!
I enjoyed it, but not enough to go back. I know it's a must do for a lot of people.

So corny... In the best way. As head planner for Disney trips I have dragged multiple groups of all adults to see it. No one has ever been upset that they spent the time and money. It's one of those fun only at Disney experiences. I'm going again next year with a bunch of ladies celebrating our 40th birthdays and all except 1 have never seen it. The sangria helps of course, but I have also taken people who don't drink. Highly recommend.

Very Corny but we love it, have gone probably over 15 times ...Food is ok Fried Chicken is very good.. Haven't been there since Covid but my kids are all over 20 now so they might have out grown it

@leebee, So? How did you (and your DH) like it?? I just found this thread and I would have also highly recommended that you try it out. I don't know how I made it to WDW over 15 times without ever seeing it, but now, it is a must-do every trip.

@leebee, So? How did you (and your DH) like it?? I just found this thread and I would have also highly recommended that you try it out. I don't know how I made it to WDW over 15 times without ever seeing it, but now, it is a must-do every trip.
We had to cancel our trip as I had last-minute appointments crop up before knee replacement surgery, which was scheduled for 5/31. Unfortunately, I caught a cold on 5/30 so the surgery was canceled- SO I COULD HAVE GONE TO DISNEY AS PLANNED. Can't think about that... just gotta keep on keeping on. I am scheduled for surgery on 6/21, and am anticipating about 2 months for recovery. NEXT time I go to Disney, Hoop-de-Doo is at the top of my "must do" list!

We had to cancel our trip as I had last-minute appointments crop up before knee replacement surgery, which was scheduled for 5/31. Unfortunately, I caught a cold on 5/30 so the surgery was canceled- SO I COULD HAVE GONE TO DISNEY AS PLANNED. Can't think about that... just gotta keep on keeping on. I am scheduled for surgery on 6/21, and am anticipating about 2 months for recovery. NEXT time I go to Disney, Hoop-de-Doo is at the top of my "must do" list!
Oh no! Well, here’s :tinker: :tinker: :tinker: :tinker: for successful surgery and a lot of fun at HDD when you get there.

my family has been to the show dozens of times since my son was two. He is turning forty this year. We are going this summer with his boys and I can’t wait. Corny like Dollywood but wholesome family fun like old Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter